News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The 464 Project

Started by Novabug, 09:03, 13 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Novabug

It's taken me several months of compiling, but I present to Amstrad fans The 464 Project.... 464 game of the CPC464. Enjoy.

VincentGR

Zoe Robinson

Oh my goodness, so many memories - and so many absolute classics from the early years.

Thanks for making this, it's great. :D

Carnivius

Man.  Look at the variety of games.   There were much less established 'rules' back then on how to develop certain game genres so there's all sorts of different attempts.  Some great, some not so good but there's so very few games that look identical to each other here.   Even the racing games that use the same general idea of the '3D' movement are all very distinguishable from each other.  And since the 8-bit machines couldn't get anywhere near super-realistic graphics each game has it's own charm and look.  Such a difference from all the near-indentical first person shoot 'em ups you get today for example.

Thanks for making this video.   Is there any chance of a list of the games and music used?   There's some really interesting things in there that are unfamiliar to me that I'd like to find out more about.  :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

VincentGR

Yes, as Carnivac said. A game list would be awesome.

EgoTrip

Can't wait for the 6,128 games on the 6128 video

Whats the music at 18 minutes from?

Novabug

Quote from: Carnivac on 12:43, 13 July 15
Man.  Look at the variety of games.   There were much less established 'rules' back then on how to develop certain game genres so there's all sorts of different attempts.  Some great, some not so good but there's so very few games that look identical to each other here.   Even the racing games that use the same general idea of the '3D' movement are all very distinguishable from each other.  And since the 8-bit machines couldn't get anywhere near super-realistic graphics each game has it's own charm and look.  Such a difference from all the near-indentical first person shoot 'em ups you get today for example.

Thanks for making this video.   Is there any chance of a list of the games and music used?   There's some really interesting things in there that are unfamiliar to me that I'd like to find out more about.  :)

Yes, check out my Blog for the full games list and soundtrack. Thanks for the great words. Spread this video if you can. Cheers.
The NovaBug-Blog: The 464 Project... A Tribute to the Amstrad CPC464

Novabug

Quote from: EgoTrip on 15:26, 13 July 15
Can't wait for the 6,128 games on the 6128 video

Whats the music at 18 minutes from?

The Golden Axe theme is playing at the 18 minute mark. :)

Novabug

Follow up to the video of The 464 Project, here is the full games list in order.

Thanks for watching and the positive feedback so far. Don't forget to share this video and spread the CPC loving.

[size=78%]

The NovaBug-Blog: The 464 Project... A Tribute to the Amstrad CPC464[/size]

EgoTrip

Really disappointed that Spindizzy and Knight Lore didn't make it. Spindizzy especially as it was a CPC original and the best game on the machine.

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Novabug

Quote from: EgoTrip on 11:00, 14 July 15
Really disappointed that Spindizzy and Knight Lore didn't make it. Spindizzy especially as it was a CPC original and the best game on the machine.

Apologies about missing Spindizzy. It's also one of my favourites. Unfortunately, Although I recorded Gameplay of it, I didn't include it in the final cut. I have about 20 or so clips that were trimmed out and a few I am upset with myself I didn't include. I will however make a standalone gameplay video of Spindizzy and dedicate it to yourself. :)

EgoTrip

Quote from: Novabug on 21:47, 14 July 15

Apologies about missing Spindizzy. It's also one of my favourites. Unfortunately, Although I recorded Gameplay of it, I didn't include it in the final cut. I have about 20 or so clips that were trimmed out and a few I am upset with myself I didn't include. I will however make a standalone gameplay video of Spindizzy and dedicate it to yourself. :)

Thanks. Maybe you can do one with all my games too to fully atone for your sins :-*

Bryce

Quote from: Novabug on 21:47, 14 July 15

Like all good CPC tape games, things should have a "Side B". Maybe you should release all the outcuts as "464 Project Side B" :)

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

Amazing video! It must have been a lot of effort. I remembered many games by watching it and I also discovered some others that look really cool. As the people said before, a list would be awesome :).

mr_lou

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 01:43, 15 July 15As the people said before, a list would be awesome :) .

He already posted a link to the list.  :)

I think the video was refreshing, showing games that other videos hasn't shown before.

Novabug

Quote from: Bryce on 22:53, 14 July 15
Like all good CPC tape games, things should have a "Side B". Maybe you should release all the outcuts as "464 Project Side B" :)

Bryce.

Funny you should say that Bryce, as because this has proved so popular, I'm working on a follow up....the The 464 Project Prt 2: 64k Expansion (64 games... I can't spend another 3 months again. lol)

Novabug

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 01:43, 15 July 15
Amazing video! It must have been a lot of effort. I remembered many games by watching it and I also discovered some others that look really cool. As the people said before, a list would be awesome :) .

Thanks. I full list can be found at my blog page. :) The NovaBug-Blog: The 464 Project... A Tribute to the Amstrad CPC464

TFM

Quote from: EgoTrip on 22:29, 14 July 15
Thanks. Maybe you can do one with all my games too to fully atone for your sins :-*

And then include my games, for coming back to be a sinner.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

ok so do the 6128 project... er... may be too long...

Novabug

Quote from: MacDeath on 22:41, 16 July 15
ok so do the 6128 project... er... may be too long...

Apart from not having about a year free, and about 12 hours running time, are thee even 6128 games on the CPC? lol

EgoTrip

Quote from: Novabug on 00:00, 17 July 15

Apart from not having about a year free, and about 12 hours running time, are thee even 6128 games on the CPC? lol

I bet there are. If you count all the magazine type-ins, book type-ins, public domain games and crappy compilations like Cascade Games, there are probably enough. cpc-power.com has 12063 programs, granted many of those are demos, utilities and non-games but if half of those are games then you have no excuse to get making part 2.

MacDeath

just also include applications, differenciate 64k and the (too) few 128k version...

TFM

Hey wait! The 664 project shall not to be forgotten please.  :)

And the 6128 Plus project can have 6128+ games anyway.  :laugh:

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus