News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The 464 Project

Started by Novabug, 09:03, 13 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Novabug

Quote from: EgoTrip on 14:21, 17 July 15
I bet there are. If you count all the magazine type-ins, book type-ins, public domain games and crappy compilations like Cascade Games, there are probably enough. cpc-power.com has 12063 programs, granted many of those are demos, utilities and non-games but if half of those are games then you have no excuse to get making part 2.
I'm not subject people looking at word processors, mini office 2 and computer manics diary and such like. lol. I might to a graphic demo montage however from the type-ins and stock. Hmmmmm....

Novabug

Quote from: TFM on 16:10, 17 July 15
Hey wait! The 664 project shall not to be forgotten please.  :)

And the 6128 Plus project can have 6128+ games anyway.  :laugh:

OK, I'll make it a 128k expansion edition.... That'll take a month! That's all ya getting. lol.

Novabug

The 464 Project has hit 1000 views in a week! Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. The 128k Expansion will follow in due course..

ZbyniuR

How many view you have as usual? :)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Novabug

Quote from: ZbyniuR on 00:29, 24 July 15
How many view you have as usual? :)

Depends on what kind of video. Vlog and special stuff usually gets around 200, gameplays a little less, but all build up over the course of time. Cheers

Novabug

It's coming! Back by popular demand The 464 Project part 2 is in development! For the first epic part, see here...

Novabug

Well, it took longer than a week this time, but The 464 Project still gets daily views and has reached the 2000 mark.

Thanks to all for the kind words and comments about this. The Second part is in production.... look out for it in the new year.  ;D

TFM

My CPC6128 has 4160 KB or RAM. So it's basically a 64160. Could you please record all the 64160 games which need these 4 MB? That would be great!  ;) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Just watched it - well, not all of it, I had it playing on the TV and I had a blast. Thanks :)

OCT

Quote from: Novabug on 18:27, 14 October 15first epic part
How about adding a subtitle track listing all these games (and possibly trivia on them) as they come up on the YouTube video?
I realize how many more I should have known, or rather: ought to have been given the time & money for, back in the day. ;)

Novabug

Quote from: OCT on 17:47, 17 January 16
How about adding a subtitle track listing all these games (and possibly trivia on them) as they come up on the YouTube video?
I realize how many more I should have known, or rather: ought to have been given the time & money for, back in the day. ;)

There is a link in the description box to my blog which has a full listing. :)

OCT

Since that would only become visible when watching with expanded description on YouTube itself rather than embedded:
Quote from: Novabug on 18:48, 17 January 16There is a link in the description box to my blog which has a full listing. :)
Alright, here's an approximation using some Excel-fu (albeit in LibreOffice Calc, ZIPped so the forum would let me attach) forced upon The NovaBug-Blog: The 464 Project... A Tribute to the Amstrad CPC464 to produce from column F an SBV template hopefully compliant with Supported subtitle and closed caption files - YouTube Help (estimated times might be slightly off here or there in spite of gaps computed in, getting closer towards the end, and sound track announcements could be added manually): [attachurl=2]

P.S.: This is a first (never subtitled or even published anything on YouTube), so may require some tweaking as to whether using a leading ">> " at all, DOS or Unix-style line breaks (as tentatively attached in yet another ZIP: no char 13, which commonly precedes the 10 unlike in my formula at first), and possibly square brackets around additional entries for the [Music], trivia, greetz & creditz... ;D

Novabug

Quote from: OCT on 23:17, 17 January 16
Since that would only become visible when watching with expanded description on YouTube itself rather than embedded:Alright, here's an approximation using some Excel-fu (albeit in LibreOffice Calc, ZIPped so the forum would let me attach) forced upon The NovaBug-Blog: The 464 Project... A Tribute to the Amstrad CPC464 to produce from column F an SBV template hopefully compliant with Supported subtitle and closed caption files - YouTube Help (estimated times might be slightly off here or there in spite of gaps computed in, getting closer towards the end, and sound track announcements could be added manually): [attachurl=2]

P.S.: This is a first (never subtitled or even published anything on YouTube), so may require some tweaking as to whether using a leading ">> " at all, DOS or Unix-style line breaks (as tentatively attached in yet another ZIP: no char 13, which commonly precedes the 10 unlike in my formula at first), and possibly square brackets around additional entries for the [Music], trivia, greetz & creditz... ;D

Wow! That's really cool of you. I'm not a subtitle man, (half of the stuff you said there I ain't got a clue, hehe) I did think about putting a title in each clip vie the final edit, but thought it would be more fun for people to guess the games. I'll add this into the video and make it an option. Many thanks.

OCT

Quote from: Novabug on 00:30, 19 January 16I'm not a subtitle man, (half of the stuff you said there I ain't got a clue, hehe) I did think about putting a title in each clip vie the final edit, but thought it would be more fun for people to guess the games. I'll add this into the video and make it an option.
Actually I got the idea seeing a Subtitles button on the embedded video first, and its potential for easily switchable clues & comments while leaving the video as it is.

"Upload a file" in Add subtitles & closed captions - YouTube Help describes the process quite well (editor included on their site if any of the automagic distribution should be too far off).

You may wish to add further text for the first 40 and final seconds, as well as announcing the music.

OCT

Quote from: Novabug on 00:30, 19 January 16
Quote from: OCT on 23:17, 17 January 16here's an approximation using some Excel-fu...to produce... an SBV template... (estimated times might be slightly off here or there in spite of gaps computed in, getting closer towards the end, and sound track announcements could be added manually)... may require some tweaking... and possibly square brackets around additional entries for the [Music], trivia, greetz & creditz... ;D
cool ... I'll add this into the video and make it an option. Many thanks.
Glad you got them working!  8) I'm just as new to this too of course... ;)

Anything to be considered about the file format or upload process, also to provide a similar feature for the sequel too?

I see that while mostly giving viewers a moment to guess (as intended), some titles come a little late or early from Barbarian II onwards (Agent X2 to end 2:52) for about a quarter of the hour, but that's expected to some extent in pure computation and YouTube's editor will hopefully allow to shift them around a bit where needed: Might actually be opened to additions by others, e.g. if anyone wants to contribute a trivia track...