Author Topic: The 464 Project  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
  • GX4000 and CPC Videomaker!
    • The Novabug-Blog
  • Liked: 169
  • Likes Given: 131
Re: The 464 Project
« Reply #25 on: 01:52, 18 July 15 »
I bet there are. If you count all the magazine type-ins, book type-ins, public domain games and crappy compilations like Cascade Games, there are probably enough. cpc-power.com has 12063 programs, granted many of those are demos, utilities and non-games but if half of those are games then you have no excuse to get making part 2.
I'm not subject people looking at word processors, mini office 2 and computer manics diary and such like. lol. I might to a graphic demo montage however from the type-ins and stock. Hmmmmm....

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
    • The Novabug-Blog
« Reply #26 on: 01:54, 18 July 15 »
Hey wait! The 664 project shall not to be forgotten please.  :)

And the 6128 Plus project can have 6128+ games anyway.  :laugh:

OK, I'll make it a 128k expansion edition.... That'll take a month! That's all ya getting. lol.

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
    • The Novabug-Blog
« Reply #27 on: 01:20, 24 July 15 »
The 464 Project has hit 1000 views in a week! Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. The 128k Expansion will follow in due course..

Offline ZbyniuR

• 464 Plus
  • 6128 A1230 PSX Win7
    • Jedyne polskie forum o CPC. :)
  • Liked: 344
  • Likes Given: 146
« Reply #28 on: 02:29, 24 July 15 »
How many view you have as usual? :)
In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
    • The Novabug-Blog
« Reply #29 on: 01:01, 31 July 15 »
How many view you have as usual? :)

Depends on what kind of video. Vlog and special stuff usually gets around 200, gameplays a little less, but all build up over the course of time. Cheers

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
    • The Novabug-Blog
« Reply #30 on: 20:27, 14 October 15 »

It's coming! Back by popular demand The 464 Project part 2 is in development! For the first epic part, see here...[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh9ZpaPbfsw[/youtube]

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
    • The Novabug-Blog
« Reply #31 on: 18:52, 15 December 15 »
Well, it took longer than a week this time, but The 464 Project still gets daily views and has reached the 2000 mark.

Thanks to all for the kind words and comments about this. The Second part is in production.... look out for it in the new year.  ;D

Offline TFM

• Visit the mysteries of the CPC at www.futureos.de
  • Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Space Chicken for FutureOS is free!
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • FutureOS - The revolution on CPC!
  • Liked: 1981
  • Likes Given: 4650
« Reply #32 on: 20:13, 15 December 15 »
My CPC6128 has 4160 KB or RAM. So it's basically a 64160. Could you please record all the 64160 games which need these 4 MB? That would be great!  ;) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 3422
  • Likes Given: 6140
« Reply #33 on: 18:14, 17 January 16 »
Just watched it - well, not all of it, I had it playing on the TV and I had a blast. Thanks :)

Offline OCT

• 464 Plus
  • Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #34 on: 18:47, 17 January 16 »
first epic part
How about adding a subtitle track listing all these games (and possibly trivia on them) as they come up on the YouTube video?
I realize how many more I should have known, or rather: ought to have been given the time & money for, back in the day. ;)

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
    • The Novabug-Blog
« Reply #35 on: 19:48, 17 January 16 »
How about adding a subtitle track listing all these games (and possibly trivia on them) as they come up on the YouTube video?
I realize how many more I should have known, or rather: ought to have been given the time & money for, back in the day. ;)

There is a link in the description box to my blog which has a full listing. :)

Offline OCT

• 464 Plus
Subtitles for The 464 Project
« Reply #36 on: 00:17, 18 January 16 »
Since that would only become visible when watching with expanded description on YouTube itself rather than embedded:
There is a link in the description box to my blog which has a full listing. :)
Alright, here's an approximation using some Excel-fu (albeit in LibreOffice Calc, ZIPped so the forum would let me attach) forced upon The NovaBug-Blog: The 464 Project... A Tribute to the Amstrad CPC464 to produce from column F an SBV template hopefully compliant with Supported subtitle and closed caption files - YouTube Help (estimated times might be slightly off here or there in spite of gaps computed in, getting closer towards the end, and sound track announcements could be added manually):
* 464_Project_1.sbv.zip (5.98 kB - downloaded 79 times)

P.S.: This is a first (never subtitled or even published anything on YouTube), so may require some tweaking as to whether using a leading ">> " at all, DOS or Unix-style line breaks (as tentatively attached in yet another ZIP: no char 13, which commonly precedes the 10 unlike in my formula at first), and possibly square brackets around additional entries for the [Music], trivia, greetz & creditz... ;D
« Last Edit: 09:29, 18 January 16 by OCT »

Offline Novabug

• CPC6128
    • The Novabug-Blog
Re: Subtitles for The 464 Project
« Reply #37 on: 01:30, 19 January 16 »
Since that would only become visible when watching with expanded description on YouTube itself rather than embedded:Alright, here's an approximation using some Excel-fu (albeit in LibreOffice Calc, ZIPped so the forum would let me attach) forced upon The NovaBug-Blog: The 464 Project... A Tribute to the Amstrad CPC464 to produce from column F an SBV template hopefully compliant with Supported subtitle and closed caption files - YouTube Help (estimated times might be slightly off here or there in spite of gaps computed in, getting closer towards the end, and sound track announcements could be added manually):  [ Invalid Attachment ]

P.S.: This is a first (never subtitled or even published anything on YouTube), so may require some tweaking as to whether using a leading ">> " at all, DOS or Unix-style line breaks (as tentatively attached in yet another ZIP: no char 13, which commonly precedes the 10 unlike in my formula at first), and possibly square brackets around additional entries for the [Music], trivia, greetz & creditz... ;D

Wow! That's really cool of you. I'm not a subtitle man, (half of the stuff you said there I ain't got a clue, hehe) I did think about putting a title in each clip vie the final edit, but thought it would be more fun for people to guess the games. I'll add this into the video and make it an option. Many thanks.

Offline OCT

• 464 Plus
« Reply #38 on: 09:18, 19 January 16 »
I'm not a subtitle man, (half of the stuff you said there I ain't got a clue, hehe) I did think about putting a title in each clip vie the final edit, but thought it would be more fun for people to guess the games. I'll add this into the video and make it an option.
Actually I got the idea seeing a Subtitles button on the embedded video first, and its potential for easily switchable clues & comments while leaving the video as it is.

"Upload a file" in Add subtitles & closed captions - YouTube Help
Add subtitles & closed captions - YouTube Help describes the process quite well (editor included on their site if any of the automagic distribution should be too far off).

You may wish to add further text for the first 40 and final seconds, as well as announcing the music.

Offline OCT

• 464 Plus
« Reply #39 on: 20:25, 24 January 16 »
here's an approximation using some Excel-fu...to produce... an SBV template... (estimated times might be slightly off here or there in spite of gaps computed in, getting closer towards the end, and sound track announcements could be added manually)... may require some tweaking... and possibly square brackets around additional entries for the [Music], trivia, greetz & creditz... ;D
cool ... I'll add this into the video and make it an option. Many thanks.
Glad you got them working!  8) I'm just as new to this too of course... ;)

Anything to be considered about the file format or upload process, also to provide a similar feature for the sequel too?

I see that while mostly giving viewers a moment to guess (as intended), some titles come a little late or early from Barbarian II onwards (Agent X2 to end 2:52) for about a quarter of the hour, but that's expected to some extent in pure computation and YouTube's editor will hopefully allow to shift them around a bit where needed: Might actually be opened to additions by others, e.g. if anyone wants to contribute a trivia track...
« Last Edit: 20:38, 24 January 16 by OCT »