Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Megablasters - Longplay & Review (Part 1)

Started by NewsBot, 00:01, 30 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Megablasters - Longplay & Review (Part 1)
30 August 2014, 12:19 am

Review and longplay / walkthrough for "Megablasters" on the Amstrad CPC! Part 1! The highest rated game on the Amstrad! #1 in many peoples lists of best games on the Amstrad including mine!...[/t]
Time: 25:14More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Carnivius

Possibly the most overrated game on the CPC.  It's not a bad game (the classic Bomberman gameplay is mostly intact) but it's not that great and deserving of the score AA gave it. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TFM

Your comment is REALLY inappropriate! Did you at least play the game through completely. Or do you just have a bad day and bitch around a bit?

It's easy to talk bad about other coders games - especially for people who never did a game for the CPC by themselves.

Very disappointing!  >:(
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Joseman

We (my girlfriend & me) are totally agree with TFM.

We played and ended the game on 2 player mode and the amount of levels, the varity of graphics, music, secret levels are incredible.

Even my girlfriend thinks that megablasters is somehow better than bomberman in the Sega Saturn!!! that is considered de best bomberman ever (and we played SS Bomberman to the end too).

Even yesterday we talked about to play Megablasters  to the end again, because we think that is very funny and is worth to spend time again on it.

Prodatron

Liked to watch this video! Btw, does anyone know, why it's not running with WinApe ("disc drive" seems to freak out after displaying the Odiesoft logo...).

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TFM

Give JavaCPC a try. That works.

WinApe has also problems with f.e. X-DDOS and other stuff sadly.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

Quote from: TFM on 19:51, 02 September 14
Give JavaCPC a try. That works.

WinApe has also problems with f.e. X-DDOS and other stuff sadly.

Yes, that works fine! :)

Puresox

Quote from: Prodatron on 19:34, 02 September 14
Liked to watch this video! Btw, does anyone know, why it's not running with WinApe ("disc drive" seems to freak out after displaying the Odiesoft logo...).
I remember having this problem with playing MegaBlaster on WinApe . But I was instructed by someone on here , to alter one of the tick boxes in the WinApe Setup. I believe it was'Enable plus features'.
But I am not sure , It now works fine  everytime.

Executioner

Turn "Fast Disc Emulation" off for Megablasters maybe?

Prodatron

Unfortunately it doesn't work as well when switching off fast disc emulation. But the strange thing is:
- when it's switched on, the "floppy" makes noises like seeking with the head all the time (but the track display stays at 8 )
- when it's switched off, it accesses drive B for a short time

Gryzor

I would agree with Carnivac. Even if I disagreed I'd see no reason for flaming, so calm down everyone - I was *this* close to deleting that comment.

Yes, it's massive, yes it's very well done, yet it's good fun, but the highest score ever? Oh come on... But we do know that even if Amsoft released a new Roland title so late it'd get a score in the mid-90 range in AA...

Executioner

Quote from: Prodatron on 11:02, 03 September 14
Unfortunately it doesn't work as well when switching off fast disc emulation.

It should do, perhaps it's a conflict with something else or a bad DSK image.

Xyphoe

I had the same problem - 'Fast Disc Emulation', turned it off and it was fine!

I think I had a problem with some dumps anyway, I believe the one that worked best is the one from Odiesoft's own site!

And I do think overall and on balance... this is probably the best game on the CPC. I would struggle, and I think anyone would, to suggest a better game that's as fun, well presented, as large and in depth but with quick pick up and play gameplay, etc.