Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD 6128+] Space Gun - Review & Longplay (CM)

Started by NewsBot, 08:00, 22 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD 6128+] Space Gun - Review & Longplay (CM)
22 August 2011, 7:40 am

[/url]

Longplay and review for Space Gun on the Amstrad ..... 6128 Plus!! Wow, where to start on this one. If you saw my last video... from the first ever Amstrad game (Harrier Attack) to here one of the last ever released! Quite a few interesting things to this game! 1) This is a Amstrad 6128 Plus machine ONLY game 2) ....and the only 6128+ specific game released commercially! 3) It was the last ever game released by Ocean on the Amstrad 4) And it was a crap Speccy port and due to lag/programming issues was near enough impossible to complete! 5) So for the first time on a longplay video I've had to use a cheat mode (infinite credits) to get through this! *sigh* Oh well ... enjoy ... it has a unique place in the Amstrad gaming history for sure, at least you get to see it now... (c) Taito 1990 / Ocean Software 1992 cpc-power.com en.wikipedia.org
Time: 40:19More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

MacDeath

Nice, thx dude. :)

Sorry I asked you for such a boring game... ;D

Gryzor

Hahaha the "good" ending is pure gold, only thing missing is the "All your base..." tune :D

TFM

Xyphoe: Sorry, that's offtopic, but...

Can you imagine to produce a TTL video. Why? Well, the scrolling is smooth and people always want to see examples of it ;-)

(I could do it by myself, but my videos are... not really that good).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Resurrection mode on.

I was pointed to the wiki article (Space Gun - CPCWiki) from another forum, and I was surprised to see this was published on disk. Did Amstrad also give the encryption keys for the Plus features to disk publishers? I thought it was cartridge only...

CraigsBar

They leaked.... As for I remember from the aa review the same developers worked on Stryker in the crypts of Trojan as on switchblade. Once the cat was out of the bag, everyone used them lol.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

When I got my Plus back the day I took a look at burning rubber with the disassembler. After one day I did know half of the Plus features. Some month later CPCAI published 90% of them in an article I wrote. The unlock sequence and the additional features were not hidden at all. Everybody with Z80 knowledge could use them nearly instantly. Of course Maxam and the FutureOS monitor (Plus version) were of great help. The Sound DMA was harder to understand though. But soon the Arnold 5 document was to be found on the net.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

andycadley

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:35, 07 October 14Once the cat was out of the bag, everyone used them lol.
For a very limited definition of everyone! My guess is that companies like Ocean had signed agreements with Amstrad preventing them from using the code in disk games, otherwise you'd think they'd have done it for more games after a while.

andycadley

CraigsBar

The dire space gun was one of only 3 commercial plus enhanced or purely plus games on tape or disc that I can think of. The other 2 being Stryker in the crypts of Trojan and prehistorik 2. I wish there were others (and that 33% of then were to total shite)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

MacDeath

Yeay, the alien sprites are some sort of speccy port remnants...
1bpp mode0 atributed character tiles things.

The game is actually unfinished/rushed to the release.

Some nice things and less nice things.

The 2player mode wasn't implemented, game is freaking slow and so on...
The intro pictures are somewhat C64 ported.

Nice mode2 font anyway.