Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Microprose Soccer - Review & Longplay

Started by NewsBot, 08:01, 31 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Microprose Soccer - Review & Longplay
31 August 2011, 8:18 am

Microprose Soccer on the Amstrad CPC - longplay (world cup run) and review! Sadly this version isn't a patch on the C64 classic, but it's still good fun.... Check out my previous video for my top 10 goals scored in this game! This game came from Sensible Software and programmer Jon Hare, who of course went on to make the greatest 2D football game ever - Sensible Software! Along with other notable classic games like Cannon Fodder, Wizball, etc before finally being bought out by Codemasters in 1999. The Amstrad and Spectrum conversions a year later were handled by Smart Egg Software, who I can't find out much about them except for a load of text adventures. They did an 'ok' job. (c) Microprose / Sensible Software 1989 cpc-power.com en.wikipedia.org From: Xyphoe Views: 1 0 ratings Time: 31:50 More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

MacDeath

As often, a fare too straight port, hell they could at least re-colour the sprites with some additionnal colours...

Xyphoe

Oh I did a video of this game just previous to it about my top 10 goals in the game, but for some reason because I included music it got blocked in Germany(???) and because the CPC Wiki forum is also in Germany it didn't pick this up in the news feed.

Anyway -

[AMSTRAD CPC] Microprose Soccer Top 10 Goals

Gryzor

MacDeath

The sad part is that it was still an enjoyable game...

But a monocolour one.

it almost manage to play like some sort of Speedball... minus violence.

The banana effect was really fun.

but screen is speccy size and game would play betterly with +2 colours... to get the sprites sorted from the grass.

Gryzor

Yeah, the major problem for me is the game area size. You reeeally have to concentrate and exclude everything else to feel you're playing a video game!