Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Out Run - Review & Longplay

Started by NewsBot, 21:00, 09 February 13

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Out Run - Review & Longplay
9 February 2013, 8:26 pm

Review and longplay / walkthrough for "OutRun" on the Amstrad CPC! I'm back! Sorry I've not been around recently, I've had a really rubbish time since new year, so I thought lets look at a really rubbish game! The original is an all time classic of course as everyone knows, but the Amstrad version is also legendary and notorious for being very bad! Rushed and unfinished Speccy port, probably the most disappointing Amstrad release ever! That reminds me... I guess I should finally get around to that 'worst ever Amstrad games' compilation vid I've promised for a long time...! (c) Sega 1986 / US Gold 1987 cpc-power.com en.wikipedia.org Arcade, Videogame, Pinball Machine, and Antique Coin-Operated History -- The[/t][/t]
Time: 18:28More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Swainy

I'm surprised that there wasnt any in game music like the 128k Speccy version. Rush job springs to mind but with the ICE guys programming this, I guess it was always going to be a bit of a turd :(
Retro Asylum

Shaun M. Neary

The be fair, the code on pretty much all of the 8 bit versions was fairly rubbish.

C64 version was particularly annoying because you only had a handful of tracks to pick from. Granted it loaded them all in one go, but it was a huge feature of the original game sacrificed for faster loading times.

I actually bought this back in 1988. I was excited when i saw the loading screen, but where the fuck was the speed?
Abysmal to say the least.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

For me, if you had enough imagination you could see the resemblance to the arcade. I guess (see silent Paperboy for instance) I wasn't too picky...

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:06, 14 February 13
For me, if you had enough imagination you could see the resemblance to the arcade. I guess (see silent Paperboy for instance) I wasn't too picky...

After waiting for it to come into my local Virgin Megastore after purchasing the disk version by mistake, believe me, i did my best to imagine it to be as good as the arcade. I played it with the volume all the way down and played it. Didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of it though.

You can put a dress on a pig but it's still a pig at the end of the day.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Yeah, but a pig in a dress! That's amusing stuff!

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:45, 15 February 13
Yeah, but a pig in a dress! That's amusing stuff!

Only for people who likes to make fun of pigs.

Slow (embarrassing) games for the CPC, is only fun to C64 owners.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: mr_lou on 21:25, 15 February 13
Only for people who likes to make fun of pigs.

Slow (embarrassing) games for the CPC, is only fun to C64 owners.

This! We can now successfully end the thread.

Gryzor

No! Let's resurrect it instead :D And as for the music, who cares, I've got all the tunes in my mind :)

Shaun M. Neary

Well what's the point of being Admin if you can't abuse your position once in a while?!  ;)

Gryzor

Oh, I see you're trying to outdo me and resurrect some more :D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:43, 13 April 13
Oh, I see you're trying to outdo me and resurrect some more :D

When it comes to games discussion, absolutely.
Not all of us are hardware geeks who ate manuals when they got their CPC. Some of us actually enjoyed playing games on it! :D