🕹️ The Top 10 AMSTRAD CPC 464 Games! ⭐️ (Celebrating 40 Years Of The CPC 464!)

Started by Xyphoe, 13:32, 13 April 24

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

Hi everyone!

Here's my video I put live yesterday to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Amstrad CPC 464! It's just a bit of fun, not to be taken seriously :) Just my tribute!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q8Z27xjH88

ervin

That was a great video!
Lots of fantastic memories.
And the ending... holy cow that was beautiful. 

Deevee

Nice video !
I've always found it hard to see Prehistorik 2 as a good game though.
ORIGIN 320,200:FOR r=1 TO 360:PLOT 5*(16*(SIN(r))^3),5*(13*COS(r)-5*COS(2*r)-2*COS(3*r)-COS(4*r)):NEXT

eto

Quote from: Deevee on 14:27, 13 April 24I've always found it hard to see Prehistorik 2 as a good game though.
Indeed... the graphics/colours (imho) try too much to be 16bit-ish. To me it becomes a blurry mess. 

Shaun M. Neary

Prehistorik II is kinda marmite for the Amstrad. You're either going to really love it to death, or go "Ugh, the fuck is this about?"

For the time it came out, the fact that you could pick the version suitable for either the CPC or the Plus version was pretty awesome. There wasn't a lot of games out there that gave both options. The sound on the Plus version is really nice too using three channels.

It can be a little stressy to play, but that's my own perspective and the slowdown when multiple characters are on the screen can put a lot of people off.

I like it, personally however my attention starts to drift once it goes too slow.

For it's time, it was good but so much amazing work has come out since then and as a result, Prehistorik II is starting to show it's age.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

dodogildo

Quote from: eto on 13:10, 16 April 24Indeed... the graphics/colours (imho) try too much to be 16bit-ish. To me it becomes a blurry mess. 
Lots of later day CPC titles have "too much color" and little playability. Not a big fan of that era (and Mode 0 :picard: )
M'enfin!

Prodatron

@Xyphoe, I really LOVE this video!! Thanks so much! One of the best I ever saw!

Quote from: eto on 13:10, 16 April 24
Quote from: Deevee on 14:27, 13 April 24I've always found it hard to see Prehistorik 2 as a good game though.
Indeed... the graphics/colours (imho) try too much to be 16bit-ish. To me it becomes a blurry mess.
I agree, "blurry mess" is a good description. This is the problem with all CPC games that try to have rich graphical backgrounds. The last example is Toki. I prefer really black, very dark or at least unique backgrounds. The color palette and resolution of the CPC were not so rich that good contrast could otherwise have been achieved.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

ZorrO

CPC+PSX 4ever