Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Shinobi - Longplay & Review

Started by NewsBot, 10:00, 08 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Shinobi - Longplay & Review
8 March 2011, 7:17 am

[AMSTRAD CPC] Shinobi - Longplay & Review

Shinobi longplay and review for the Amstrad CPC! One of my favourite arcade games gets one of the best conversions on to the Amstrad ever! I love this to bits ... maybe too much ... but hey 20 years later and I'm still coming back regularly enough to have a blast on this game! As near to arcade perfect you'll get on a home 8-bit computer like the Amstrad. Richard Aplin strikes again with another fantastic job!!! cpc-power.com
Time: 23:10More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

redbox

Yes!  Loved this game, and a timely vid for the comparisons to the (good) Double Dragon  :)

Xyphoe

Yea, cheers man :)

I think it's amazing he managed to get smooth multidirectional scrolling in along with fast and smooth sprites movements, tight responsive controls AND along with music, sfx and sampled speech!

Has anyone ever looked at Richard Aplin's coding to see how he does this so well?

sigh

I remember having the coverdisk demo on my standard 64k. No sound and so I didn't bother with the purchase. It was only later when i received my memory expansion and popped in the demo again, that I realised what a fun game it turned out to be.

Gryzor

Been trying to finish this on my arcade cab. Bloody difficult... :(

Instead I'll watch this vid. Cheers!

MacDeath

I always tried to kill the baddies with close combat instead of shuriken...
because I like the sprite when dealing kicks ...

shit was so cash.

But I had the cracked version so I could always complete it... infinite lives.
Not easy though.