Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Strider - Longplay & Review

Started by NewsBot, 00:02, 26 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Strider - Longplay & Review
25 May 2011, 10:18 am

STRIDER on the Amstrad CPC - longplay through to completion with review and commentary. US Gold and Tiertex making a hash of an arcade conversion? Really? No! Never! ha.... Speccy port time too, but it was always going to be a big ask squeezing the over-the-top and hefty arcade game onto a humble 8-bit home computer. I'm also thinking of Darren editor of Retro Gamer magazine watching this, as it marries his two favourite things - Strider and the Amstrad - and just how disappointed he must have been! He's not alone in this ... I wouldn't have been so harsh if it wasn't so sparse, barren and just easy! Oh well. Onto Strider II next!! cpc-power.com en.wikipedia.org
Time: 20:46More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

sigh

When you look at games like Shinobi on the CPC - this could have been far better.

AMSDOS

Quote from: NewsBot on 00:02, 26 May 11

STRIDER on the Amstrad CPC - longplay through to completion with review and commentary. US Gold and Tiertex making a hash of an arcade conversion? Really? No! Never! ha.... Speccy port time too, but it was always going to be a big ask squeezing the over-the-top and hefty arcade game onto a humble 8-bit home computer.

I knew it!  ;)

Sadly some Amstrad Magazines would disagree with that view too!  :D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

MacDeath