Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Summer Games II - Longplay & Review

Started by NewsBot, 08:00, 01 August 12

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Summer Games II - Longplay & Review
1 August 2012, 8:09 am

Review and longplay / walkthrough for "Summer Games 2" on the Amstrad CPC! Yet more olympic themed games! This is a decent sequel and for me the events themselves are a mark up on the original, although the presentation is worse this time - apart from nicer animations. Again, I'm attempting to beat the computers World Records again! These are for your reference - Triple Jump 15.76m Rowing 56.1secs Javelin 65.44m Equestrian 81 points High Jump 1.45m Fencing 2000 points Cycling 59.7secs Kyaking 6:20mins Thankfully, compared to the first game these world records are much easier to beat! Last thing to mention, I don't think the Amstrad or Speccy version got a full price release on it's own - I think it only first appeared on the "Gold, Silver, Bronze" compilation, then later on the budget Kixx label. Unless someone out there knows otherwise? (c) Epyx / US Gold 1989 cpc-power.com en.wikipedia.org[/t][/t]
Time: 19:23More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Gryzor

Hey, this looks quite cute in its mode 1 clothes, but it could benefit from some sound and a better speed... It looks like a good budget release to me...

TFM

oh I remember ... there was a cheat to do and then the pigeons turned into rotisserie chicken when flying throught the flames.... :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 19:46, 08 August 12
oh I remember ... there was a cheat to do and then the pidgeins turned into rotisserie chicken when flying throught the flames.... :P

Really?

TFM

Yes, but .... about .... 25 years ago... it was one of that games with paganspigeons, don't remember for sure if it was I or II... must check that later.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Are they the same as Pigeons?
Sorry ,English is prob not your first language. :D

TFM

Quote from: Puresox on 19:53, 09 August 12
Are they the same as Pigeons?
Sorry ,English is prob not your first language. :D
- Yes.
- No, and your's obviously neither 8)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Gryzor

If I understand this correctly, doves=good, pigeons=cockroaches of the skies.

Bryce

Yup, that about sums it up: Dove = White Pigeon, sign of peace, everyone likes them, release them in swarms and everyone goes Ooooo, etc. Pigeon = Sky rat that shits on your car 20 minutes after you washed it and if you happen to be in London, they tend to all have some disease that makes their toes fall off.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Seriously? They're so bad in London?

Basically someone has to come up with a solution to stop them from breeding. Not only are they so dirty and all, but also, ecologically speaking, they're very bad - driving other birds out of the cities and mutating to the point they can eat a rat or so...

Puresox

Peregrine Falcons are the cure to the pigeon disease, they keep there numbers down.

Gryzor

How many Peregrine falcons per city? And how much do they cost? And do they prey only on pigeons or will they also attack the beautiful jay birds that live near my house?

Puresox

We Have one set of Peregrine Falcon, In our City Which is a medium sized city ,I believe just there presence encourage pigeons to clear off. I haven't heard of a negative impact on other beautiful and wanted birds.

Gryzor

Damn, I'm afraid that the falcons would last shorter than the pigeons in a big city :(

Bryce

A 12 Gauge Shotgun should do the trick. Preferably a pump action, pistol grip version to reduce the amount of times you need to reload.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well, admittedly this would solve problems regarding the pigeons near my balcony, but I'd probably give half the city led poison if I were to make a dent in the flying rodents' population...

sigh

A few years ago, Westminister council (London) bought in pidgeon hawks. This is why you don't get the flock of pidgeons in trafalgar square like you use too.