News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Kung-Fu Master Review for the Amstrad CPC by John Gage

Started by NewsBot, 01:01, 13 February 14

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Kung-Fu Master Review for the Amstrad CPC by John Gage
12 February 2014, 10:47 pm

Kung-Fu Master on the Amstrad CPC is a great arcade conversion. Never played it before on the Amstrad but I am glad that I did. Very disappointed that I neve...
Time: 04:05More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by John Gage
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Gryzor

Oh, I had forgotten about that! Indeed a great conversion...

Shaun M. Neary

Gotta disagree on this one, i thought it was poor given what the CPC was capable of, even back then.

Jerky scrolling, bad collision detection, an unforgivable blocky third boss, and elevators? Pretty sure the arcade version had staircases!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Ah, you're right about the collision detection, had forgotten about that... As for the CPC's capabilities, wasn't this a rather early title?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:42, 26 April 14
Ah, you're right about the collision detection, had forgotten about that... As for the CPC's capabilities, wasn't this a rather early title?

Converted to the CPC in 1986, but by then, there were a bunch of class games out. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

arnoldemu

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 01:46, 15 May 14
Converted to the CPC in 1986, but by then, there were a bunch of class games out. Unfortunately, this wasn't one of them.
I still thought it was fun ;)

For 1986 it's not bad at all.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:24, 15 May 14
I still thought it was fun ;)

For 1986 it's not bad at all.

I was a big fan of the arcade and felt that it was piss poor.
You could jump over the midgets in levels 2 onwards (something that my best mate LOL'd hard at).