Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] James Bond 007 : Live And Let Die - Review & Longplay

Started by NewsBot, 08:00, 20 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] James Bond 007 : Live And Let Die - Review & Longplay
20 August 2010, 4:21 am

[AMSTRAD CPC] James Bond 007 : Live And Let Die - Review & Longplay

I'm back after a delay sorting out recording issues after a recent upgrade to Windows7! Over the next few weeks I'm going to be taking a look at all the James Bond games released on the Amstrad, first up is the excellent Live & Let Die... Domark / Elite 1989
Time: 13:37More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Gryzor

If I'm not mistaken, this wasn't meant as a James Bond game from the beginning - they had been developing it and when they acquired the Bond license they adapted it... still, a nice game.

Xyphoe

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:27, 23 August 10
If I'm not mistaken, this wasn't meant as a James Bond game from the beginning - they had been developing it and when they acquired the Bond license they adapted it... still, a nice game.

Yea I mentioned that in my commentary, although I couldn't remember the name of the game at the time.

Turns out it was called "Aquablast" and apparently Elite released it separately anyway, but can't find if it ever was released on the Amstrad under this title.

Gryzor

Shaun M. Neary

This explains why i felt there was little or no relationship to the movie!

I got bored of this pretty quickly, I got it as part of The Story So Far, Volume 2 and always felt it was a poor mans Buggy Boy on water. Not that Buggy Boy was anything spectacular, but i at least enjoyed it.

I actually enjoyed a lot of Elite's releases, primarily because they weren't horrible tape multiloads. :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?