Xyphoe's Vids - 25 Years Of The Amstrad GX4000! 25 Games In 25 Minutes! A-Z

Started by Xyphoe, 17:13, 08 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

It appears that the script that pulls in feeds from YouTube about new vids has stopped working and missed a load of mine. So here we go -

Enjoy! :)

This one was just a bit of fun. Next month I'll be doing more in depth reviews of the games.

Gryzor

Thanks mate.

As discussed, YT changed their RSS feed URLs. Anyone knows how to get to them now?

Xyphoe

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:33, 08 August 15
Thanks mate.

As discussed, YT changed their RSS feed URLs. Anyone knows how to get to them now?

Looks like you've sorted it.... they've all just appeared!  :o ;D

Gryzor

Yeah, managed to find a way to source the feed (though currently the script that embeds them seems to output huge videos by default, or is it just me?).

Looking for ukmarkh's vids and 8-bit battles channels, anyone's got these?

seanb

If you mean the video size then on my mobile they are exactly the width of the message block and fits nicely.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Gryzor

Haven't checked on my mobile, but on my PC the video above takes up the full width of the message block and the relevant height too, which is ridiculous...

arnoldemu

I was laughing all the way through when I watched this.

The amount of times the cart didn't start, the sheer anger and frustration, and the clearly hate of the direct to cart ports.
Fantastic!
:)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

sigh

Great video; I'm so glad that you put Panza kick Boxing on there. The animation on that game is wonderfully smooth for an 8 bit machine.

Token

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:19, 11 August 15
I was laughing all the way through when I watched this.

The amount of times the cart didn't start, the sheer anger and frustration, and the clearly hate of the direct to cart ports.
Fantastic!
:)

That.

Great video :)

260Z

Cheers , great video. Not familiar with the GX4000. Not sure if they had much of an impact down here ( Australia )
Great way to spend a quite Sunday arvo ( with a cold beer in my hand of course )  :D

Dizrythmia

Quote from: 260Z on 05:17, 16 August 15
Cheers , great video. Not familiar with the GX4000. Not sure if they had much of an impact down here ( Australia )
They didn't, but they show up every now & again. I picked up my second one (my first one died) at a Gametraders store.

260Z

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 06:03, 16 August 15
They didn't, but they show up every now & again. I picked up my second one (my first one died) at a Gametraders store.
Doesn't surprise me , I honestly hadn't heard of them till my return to the scene ( about 3 weeks ago  :)  ).I moved onto the 8086 ect. Lets be honest though the 464 was a rank outsider to start with ( in Australia ). Everyone had one of those C64 things  ;) . If it wasn't for the fact that my father was an Englishman I probably wouldn't have been aware of Amstrad's existence.

P.s - Our neighbor bought into the C64 and Betamax ! , while we were Amstrad and VHS. I suspect he was onto something  :D