Xyphoe's Vids - Amstrad CPC Horror Games! (Resurrected Version 2015)

Started by NewsBot, 15:00, 31 October 15

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[/url]
31 October 2015, 1:39 pm

Amstrad CPC Horror Games! (Resurrected Version 2015)

Source: Xyphoe
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Misel982001

Carnivius

Is it just me who doesn't like Ghosts N Goblins or it's music (I find the tune far too changable and all of it annoying as hell)?

Also The Real Ghostbusters game is based on the cartoon, not comic books (though there were comic books based on the cartoon).   :)

Cool video other than those things.  :)

Super Cauldron is ruined for me by the awful scrolling.  It doesn't feel very attached to the player movement at all and gives me a headache.  I'd have preferred it flick-screen rather than that.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

||C|-|E||

I used to play Ghost and Goblins quite a lot when I was a kid. I found it quite a "decent" conversion back in time and I even liked the music. However, the incredible difficulty level (at least for me) and the fact that the armor does not actually protect you ruined the game  :picard:

TFM

Sorry, but one game got forgotten here, and that's Black Land. Most scary intro ever. Would be nice to integrate it to the vid for the 2016 version maybe. IMHO it's #1 Horror Game.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

QuoteIs it just me who doesn't like Ghosts N Goblins or it's music (I find the tune far too changable and all of it annoying as hell)?
it was annoying because it was the music of freaking Ghost and goblins... you would loose every 5 seconds so the music would restart every 5 freaking seconds... were the game easier, the music wouldn't be traumatic.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: MacDeath on 22:46, 02 November 15
it was annoying because it was the music of freaking Ghost and goblins... you would loose every 5 seconds so the music would restart every 5 freaking seconds... were the game easier, the music wouldn't be traumatic.

You must have really sucked at that game. Even I was able to pass level 1. Level 2 was a complete bitch though, passed it a handful of times and didn't have enough lives for Level 3.
If you think that's hard, don't go near Beyond The Ice Palace!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

MacDeath

Was being somewhat ironic...

even though I never went past level2 myself...  :picard:

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: MacDeath on 20:55, 04 November 15
Was being somewhat ironic...

even though I never went past level2 myself...  :picard:

Level 2 was a nightmare. Be lucky if you got off the icy platforms. The dodgy scrolling didn't help the ladder section either as you climbed up, knowing you were gonna run into an enemy, and no option except to just watch yourself die.  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?