Xyphoe's Vids - The Amstrad CPC 464 - Celebrating 30 Years! (featuring Darran Jones, Larry Bundy Jr,

Started by NewsBot, 12:00, 15 August 14

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

The Amstrad CPC 464 - Celebrating 30 Years! (featuring Darran Jones, Larry Bundy Jr, Steve Benway)
15 August 2014, 12:06 pm

THE AMSTRAD CPC 464! https://www.facebook.com/xyphoe In this special hour long video we will be celebrating 30 years Of the Amstrad CPC 464 (released to the public on the 21st June 1984)...[/t][/t]
Time: 01:00:01More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

MacDeath

should have asked some frenchs about their point of view on the phenomenon I guess... ::)

some says that having the monitor sold with it made it more expensive... but the external disk or Tape wasn't free, and to use family TV wasn't good for parents or children... children woudl have to share = less computer time, and parents may not want to purchase an extra TV for children...
Some parents were also not willing to have children have TV in their room because you know, violent films after midnights and so on... but would not mind a computer as it was seen as a working machine.
To have all in one package and only one power plug was really what sold it in France.

What would you  do with a lone speccy48 with no mass data storage and the family TV in the living room as only display available ?
Also the MP-2/3 boxes to power and plug on TV were well known and would be not that expensive actually.

Fact is Amstrad wasn't actually really popular in UK.
But in France it was the default 8bit machine from 1984 to now.
Spanish market seems to have been more equally shared between MSX, speccy, CPC (the z80's) and C64... so CPC let a bigger impression as well.

anyway, great great great video, thx a lot Xyhpoes... you did well on this one... as usual ;)

and it is a long love letter to CPC as well.

cpc4eva

i posted this on fb as well  :P

been watching absolutely fantastic stuff Xyphoe (1). opening sounds were very cool wat was it ? Jump i think van halen ? how was that done ? then the cool tunes of golden axe wasnt it ? List of musix just for info would be cool. (2). the interviews were very well done how did you do that ? skype? or were you there interviewing them ? im not sure of his name but he said harrier attack was so craptastic it was so bad it was good hahah lol i know wat he meant just classic quotes  :D (3). when the guys were talking about their fav games at around 31mins 27secs i just felt that the image of the guys being interviewed should have been left out cause its a little tricky to see the games they are talking about. (4). didnt realise there was a Football Manager 2 expansion kit. do you know anything about it and where to find it ? ill check my cpc games cd now and see if its there.... (5) gaming criticisms at 28min 17sec instead of 3 gripes you should have named 4 - only one joystick port !!!  should have been 2 joystick ports as standard (6) well done sensational video to celebrate 30 years of cpc  8) (7) when and if i come to uk ill have to come over ur place and play some cpc games ok  ;D