Xyphoe's Vids - Top 10 Amstrad CPC 464 Games... that you need to own or start with!

Started by NewsBot, 00:03, 16 June 14

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Top 10 Amstrad CPC 464 Games... that you need to own or start with!
15 June 2014, 11:04 pm

This is the TOP 10 AMSTRAD CPC GAMES YOU NEED TO OWN OR START OUT WITH! The Amstrad CPC 464 is 30 years old this month! Released in June of 1984! As such, there's a lot more spotlight being...[/t]
Time: 21:40More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

beaker

Seriously now, no Barbarian?  :laugh: It was an awesome 1 on 1 fighting game.

I mean I can understand Elite as it's been done as well on so many other systems.

Gryzor

When you go for ten titles only it's about impossible to put all the "logical" options in...

I very much enjoyed the video, thanks!

PS Every time I hear the tune of Target Renegade I get the blues...

beaker

I know, I just wanted to be the first troll  :blank:

Kudos for having a unique list and celebrating the event :) When I eventually hook up one of my CPC's again I want to try the Werewolf game, and Renegade and Target Renegade reminded me of the days going around best mates house at the time to play it after school.

awergh

quite an interesting list and yet some how I haven't played 6 of the games on that list, somehow I am not surprised just amused.

Carnivius

Hm, don't know about 'need' to own.  There's only a few in there I enjoy playing.  Still, an interesting list but as always these are down to personal preference.

I didn't know Donkey Kong was worth a bit.  I gave that away some time ago.  I knew it was an accurate arcade conversion but I never much liked the original Donkey Kong arcade game anyways.  I'd almost always play the Pac-Man machine next to it instead.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Cholo

Some really good picks there and most of them is indeed possible to get too especially if its just the tape version. Like you can probably get Head over Heels for less than £10 with a bit of patience. Donkey Kong is the impossible one, i dont think it was ever re-released so only the original full priced versions exist. I dont think ive even see the 3" version on ebay, but the tape one does pop up from time to time. Still i blame resellers for pumping up the prices as the last tape copy i saw of Donkey Kong they initially tried to sell for £100 flat. No one bought it of cause even when they dropped the price £20 pretty much every week after. Crazy.

cpc4eva

great vid Xyphoe :)

good start to celebrating 30 years of cpc looking forward to the others you are working on to celebrate 30 years of cpc

accepted your friend request on your fb page as well vive le cpc !!!!

Xyphoe

Quote from: beaker on 10:58, 16 June 14
Seriously now, no Barbarian?  :laugh: It was an awesome 1 on 1 fighting game.

I thought about it, but I already had Renegade/Target Renegade in there which are beat em ups. Sure they're not 1v1 but I think that would have been overkill. I should given it in the honourable mentions at the end though!

Xyphoe

Quote from: Carnivac on 17:44, 17 June 14
Hm, don't know about 'need' to own. 

Remember this video is about first timers wanting to look at and experience the CPC for the first time or buying one on eBay.