News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Alan Sugar talks about the PCW

Started by JonB, 17:42, 25 April 19

Previous topic - Next topic

JonB

I came across this today and thought you might be interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp91rgND7gI

Pretty impressive answers from AMS... he definitely knew his market!

ComSoft6128

Interesting video, "liked" the way the issue of the 664 was swiftly dealt with ;D

tjohnson

Nice video watched it a couple of times, quite like his style tbh

Gryzor

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 17:52, 25 April 19
Interesting video, "liked" the way the issue of the 664 was swiftly dealt with ;D

Well, when the 664 was launched it was also made known that a 128K model would follow soon thereafter, so...

asertus

I like very much videos from the 80s, mostly about Japanese computers, but also any other systems.., there I found this of Alan Sugar speaking about the new PCW.. No idea if this is the one removed in the 1st post of this topic..

https://youtu.be/dXGFqKjc9AY?t=257

Prodatron

I guess we had this video here before, but thanks for sharing it again! :)
For me it's still a little bit crazy when Sugar said, that the 664 can't be upgraded to a 6128.
He probably didn't ask Toto :D

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

eto

Quote from: Prodatron on 21:49, 20 November 22For me it's still a little bit crazy when Sugar said, that the 664 can't be upgraded to a 6128.
Didn't he just say that they don't offer a swap?

Btw: Was an internal upgrade to a 6128 for a 664 ever made/documented? It requires a few modifications but should have been doable.  

geebus

Quote from: eto on 23:17, 20 November 22Btw: Was an internal upgrade to a 6128 for a 664 ever made/documented? It requires a few modifications but should have been doable. 
I found an internal RAM upgrade in one of my 664's that could go up to 512kb i think.
I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. I still have it, but it's not working and missing RAM.

(just looked it out) Looks like its a "vortex SP512".
When I was doing digging into it, it looked like it was developed for the 464 only.. but this one was adapted maybe.

eto

Quote from: geebus on 15:33, 21 November 22just looked it out) Looks like its a "vortex SP512".
When I was doing digging into it, it looked like it was developed for the 464 only.. but this one was adapted maybe.
The SP512 had variations for 464 and 664. Afaik it was not compatible with the 6128 banking, so although an internal upgrade, it won't make the 664 become a 6128.

geebus

Ah! I see what you're getting at now. Ok.. helps if I read things properly :laugh: