Amstrad NC and PCW Data Transfer to PC or Amiga

Started by DoctorCPC, 14:24, 28 August 21

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorCPC

I bought Amstrad NC 100 and Amstrad PCW 8256. I'm going to wear Gotek to Amstrad PCW. Amstrad will have PCW 3'' driver and Gotek driver. The Amstrad NC 100, on the other hand, does not have any storage space. How can I transfer my data to Amiga or PC via Amstrad PCW 8256 and Amstrad NC 100. I am also the author of 7 books. I planned to write all of my new books with Amstrad PCW. I want to edit the books I write on the Amiga 500. but i have no idea about transmission. I want to transfer the small texts of the notes I took with Amstrad NC 100 to Amiga or PC. how can I do it?

My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)
PCW Hardware: GOTEK, PCWIO, uIDE (Soon), uRTC (Soon)

Editor-In-Chief / ACUC Magazine - Amstrad CPC User Club Magazine (Soon)
www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics
www.cpcuserclub.com / +90 555 498 36 55 for adding WhatsApp Group

robcfg

There's a MS-DOS program to transfer files between the NC and a PC: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/NC100#Third-party_software_for_the_NC_Series

But I think that you can transfer data just with a serial cable.

DoctorCPC

I don't have a computer that uses dos, and I don't plan to install it either. so can't I transfer data from Amstrad NC 100 to Amstrad PCW or Amstrad CPC? Also, do you have a construction schematic for this serial cable? I want to transfer Amstrad NC 100 data to CPC and PCW. I don't want to keep an old computer loaded with dos.

My Amstrad Products: Amstrad CPC 464, Amstrad CPC 6128, Schneider CPC 6128, Amstrad NC 100, Amstrad HiFi EX330, Amstrad Fidelity CKX100 Music Keyboard, Amstrad Penpad 600, Amstrad Emailer Plus, Amstrad E3 Emailer, Amstrad VCR Programmable Remote Control, Amstrad DVD/Divx Player, Amstrad GT 65, Schneider CTM640

CPC Hardware: USIFACII, M4Wifi, ZMEM, MotherX4, GOTEK, PS2 Mouse Adapter, RSF3 (Soon), DES Mini (Soon)

www.dizzyradio.com  / Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Amiga and Other Home Computer's Musics

robcfg

As far as I know, a standard serial cable will do, and any program like PuTTY will allow you to send and receive files.

genesis8

No need for a msdos computer, DOSBox and the following configuration to use a real COM port is enough :
in your directory C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\DOSBox\dosbox-0xx.x.conf
[serial]
serial1=directserial realport:com1
If you are using COM1
I am using an old communication program to transfer from a NC150 to PC using xmodem : commo, doesnt work on the other side though.

DoctorCPC

thanks genesis8 . i solved this problem with your helps. great thanks for you... :) i will do it

genesis8

You are welcome, you can come on my web site even if news about Notepad are scarce and I still have to put an option to choose the news for only CPC or PCW or etc...