Amstrad PCW takes pride of place in my new retrogaming museum

Started by Starglider, 23:32, 11 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Starglider

Hi guys, I thought you might appreciate the Amstrad PCW segment in my latest video:
https://youtu.be/LJkmU4Wrw9Q

Thanks!, Starglider
[emoji973]️ http://youtube.com/perifractic
[emoji973]️ http://patreon.com/perifractic

Starglider aka Perifractic
http://youtube.com/perifractic 

Amstrad PCW8256 with Gotek & HD Drive B

P5ychoFox

Great set up there! The PCW8256 was all I had to play games on from 1988-1991. I now have 3 in my collection as I fix them and can't bear to sell them on :)

Starglider

Quote from: P5ychoFox on 18:40, 20 February 18
Great set up there! The PCW8256 was all I had to play games on from 1988-1991. I now have 3 in my collection as I fix them and can't bear to sell them on :)
Thanks!

There was something special about that green display I'm sure. I have fond memories and hope you do too.

Thanks!, Starglider aka ԹҽɾíƒɾɑϲԵíϲ's RҽԵɾ๏ RҽϲíԹҽs
[emoji973]️ http://youtube.com/perifractic
[emoji973]️ http://patreon.com/perifractic

Starglider aka Perifractic
http://youtube.com/perifractic 

Amstrad PCW8256 with Gotek & HD Drive B

P5ychoFox

Oh yes very fond memories of playing On the Run from the Distractions compilation disk. Great videos BTW, very impressed with your work on the C64.

Starglider

Quote from: P5ychoFox on 19:37, 20 February 18
Oh yes very fond memories of playing On the Run from the Distractions compilation disk. Great videos BTW, very impressed with your work on the C64.
Thank you, that means a lot!

Thanks!, Starglider aka ԹҽɾíƒɾɑϲԵíϲ's RҽԵɾ๏ RҽϲíԹҽs
[emoji973]️ http://youtube.com/perifractic
[emoji973]️ http://patreon.com/perifractic

Starglider aka Perifractic
http://youtube.com/perifractic 

Amstrad PCW8256 with Gotek & HD Drive B

Bryce

Not sure about your "low resolution" comment on the PCW. It had 720x256 resolution, one of the highest resolutions of the time.

Bryce.

Starglider

Quote from: Bryce on 09:22, 21 February 18
Not sure about your "low resolution" comment on the PCW. It had 720x256 resolution, one of the highest resolutions of the time.

Bryce.
I meant more my photo of the screen, but it came out wrong. You're right, it looked great in real life! I loved The Pawn graphics detail. Though of course by today's standards, it is "low resolution".

Thanks!, Starglider aka ԹҽɾíƒɾɑϲԵíϲ's RҽԵɾ๏ RҽϲíԹҽs
[emoji973]️ http://youtube.com/perifractic
[emoji973]️ http://patreon.com/perifractic

Starglider aka Perifractic
http://youtube.com/perifractic 

Amstrad PCW8256 with Gotek & HD Drive B

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod