News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad PCW16

Started by Terje_Norway, 15:52, 01 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Terje_Norway

Hi,

A few weeks ago I did purchase an Amstrad PCW16.

It came with Rosanne v1.11 installed.

As a NEW user of the PCW16, I do have a few questions concerning it.

1.) Whats the latest version of Rosanne ? ? ?
      I have found v1.12 on internet. I have also read a few referances to a version v1.13 ! !

2.) Whats the latest version of the CPM emulator made by John Elliott ? ? ?
      I have been able to locate version 1.01 but is it the latest version.

3.) Is there any other programs made especially for it ? ? ?

Hopefully some of You out there knows more (than me) about this nice little machine.

Yours

Terje Grind
NORWAY

ZbyniuR

In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Munchausen

You can get CP/M for it, and then it will run any standard CP/M software, see here: The PCW16

Most of the links are dead, but there is a fair amount of useful stuff saved on archive.org from Cliff Lawson's site (he is the head Amstrad engineer that oversaw most of the PCW projects). See here: https://web.archive.org/web/20100111065846/http://web.ukonline.co.uk/cliff.lawson/

In particular on that page there is an update disk that allows you to reflash the OS to the PCW16, but it appears to be version 1.12. Get Pcwos.zip from here Amstrad File Archive

I don't know of much other software that was made specifically for the PCW16. There were a couple of commercial programs but they didn't seem all that interesting to me. I'd like to see SymbOS on it, if I can ever get another one I'll send it to Prodatron and hope he can do a port :D

Edit: reading your post again I see you already found most of this stuff...  ???

Sykobee (Briggsy)

We should get some of that on the wiki ...

TFM

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 23:00, 04 March 15
We should get some of that on the wiki ...

Well, you can download it and upload it here.  :D
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus