News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Arnor BCPL Manual

Started by greatwolf1283, 21:03, 12 June 17

Previous topic - Next topic

greatwolf1283

Anyone got a scan of the BCPL manual.  Currently the only one available on the wiki is a heavily edited one which I tend not to like.  Much prefer scans of the pages as it originally was rather than overly editing them.

I was going to bid on a copy on eBay, but the seller ended the auction early before I could get a chance to bid on it.

robcfg

I did that one and put a lot of effort to make it as close as the original as possible.

That said, I'm fine with you preferring the original scans but I think the ability to search through the text and the hyperlinks are most useful.

I'll take a look and see if I still have them.

Sadly I have no time to scan it again.

Cheers,
Rob

Dagger

Bloody hell  >:(  I just sold a copy of BCPL on Ebay this morning with a rom chip. Went to a guy in Spain. Manual was a small one. Didn't know the manual was required on here. Greatwolf1283 this was you who contacted me earlier via Ebay regarding this?

Life's a bitch. You marry one or two then you die !

greatwolf1283

Quote from: robcfg on 21:11, 12 June 17
I did that one and put a lot of effort to make it as close as the original as possible.

That said, I'm fine with you preferring the original scans but I think the ability to search through the text and the hyperlinks are most useful.

I'll take a look and see if I still have them.

Sadly I have no time to scan it again.

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.  I know you might not have the images still, but respect the amount of work you put in.  Trust me I know what with the fun I had with that dBASE manual!

Quote from: Dagger on 21:37, 12 June 17
Bloody hell  >:(  I just sold a copy of BCPL on Ebay this morning with a rom chip. Went to a guy in Spain. Manual was a small one. Didn't know the manual was required on here. Greatwolf1283 this was you who contacted me earlier via Ebay regarding this?

Yes, that would be me.  I'm also the guy that's got a 3in drive hooked up to a Kryoflux to make full preservation quality copies of PCW software (the Maxam II and C were both spotless reads btw), in addition to the quality 3 1/2in drive and  5 1/4in drive.  I'm also the guy that went out of his way to buy a professional quality scanner, so he can scan manuals in at high quality, which can then be fully processed to get as close to archival quality as I can manage (I'm no trained archivist).  I'm also the guy whose probably going to buy a book guillotine at the end of this month, so he can cut off the binding of manuals I've bought for software that's on the wiki which doesn't have manuals.