Anyone got a spare foot for a PCW?

Started by JonB, 17:31, 25 February 20

Previous topic - Next topic

JonB

There's a chap asking over on VCF. He's got a working PCW without the bottom foot moulding (I know, very small chances of this piece getting detached but there it is). If anyone has a spare let me know and I'll pass it on.

tjohnson

What does the missing bit look lik ?

Bryce

JonB

I think it's too big for the average 3D printer, Bryce. One has to ask though, is it worth the cost when you could pick up a whole PCW for £20?

@tjohnson : As to looks, it's a big square plastic moulding with a column in the middle, to which is attached the PCW. Not something that might be found on its own, generally, as it is firmly screwed in so wouldn't normally come loose (and hence, become lost). Never mind..

:)

tjohnson

Quote from: JonB on 10:54, 26 February 20
I think it's too big for the average 3D printer, Bryce. One has to ask though, is it worth the cost when you could pick up a whole PCW for £20?

@tjohnson : As to looks, it's a big square plastic moulding with a column in the middle, to which is attached the PCW. Not something that might be found on its own, generally, as it is firmly screwed in so wouldn't normally come loose (and hence, become lost). Never mind..

:)

Ahh you mean the base but yes I think I know what you mean by the forot not heard it called that before.  I assume it must have been removed to put or mount the Monitor somewhere and subsequently got lost?

Bryce

Ah, I also thought you meant a small plastic foot under the computer. You mean the swivel base, that's a bit much for the average 3D printer.

Bryce.

JohnElliott

It might have been removed deliberately to put the PCW on a tilt/swivel monitor stand - I remember seeing that described in the PCW magazines back in the day.

GeoffB17

Just a point of information, in case anyone doesn't know.

I bought my PCW brand new from Dixons back 1985 when they first came on the market.   I had my name on a 'waiting list' with Dixons waiting for their first deliveries.

I'm pretty sure that when I first got it, and unpacked it, the base piece was packed separately, and I had to screw it onto the main unit.  It was just one screw.   If the screw was slightly loose, then the angle of the main unit could be adjusted between the screen angled slightly up, to angled slightly down, then the screw re-tightened to hold the position.

I suspect that most people re-packing the system would leave the two pieces attached?

Geoff

HigashiJun

I bought mine the same year in France but the base was already attached to the monitor...
HigashiJun

GeoffB17

Er, hmm...

I'm having doubts now.   With all the bits etc attached to, and surrounding, my PCW, I can't move it enough to check for sure.  At the moment.

My manual refers to the main unit being one piece, no mention of putting anything together.

I've messed with quite a few monitors over the years, so the memory I have could be from another unit.   Not one I have now, as the other tube type I have is again not like the 'video' in my memory.

On the PCW, the central pillar under the bottom is clearly moulded onto the flat base plate, and the pillar goes into a hole on the bottom of the unit.  No sign of the angle changing, so this again might be a memory from something else.

Geoff

handyandy69

Hi, if you are still looking for the stand, I may be able to help.  I have a spare case lying around that I could remove it from.  Let me know if you are interested and i'll dig it out.

Regards,

Andy.

JonB

Hi Andy

I'll have to search out the thread where he asks. I'll get back to you.

Cheers
JonB

GeoffB17