basic from start-cp/m on another disk pcw 8256 ?

Started by funkheld, 08:03, 22 August 20

Previous topic - Next topic

funkheld

Hi good afternoon.

I would like to write the basic from the start-cp / m from the 8256 to another dsk for cp / M box. which programs do I have to implement please so that it runs on the other dsk.

thank you
greeting?

GeoffB17

Well, that depends on just what you mean.

If you are happy to boot the machine from your present start disk, and then keep the other disk for BASIC ONLY, then all you need to copy to the new disk will be BASIC.COM.   If you prefer to use a text editor to create your programs than you could copy the prog RPED.BAS there as well (if you've got the set of disks this should be on side 3?   BASIC.COM does not need anything else.

The alternative is that you want a different boot/startup disk, in which case you'll need the system files from your current boot disk, meaning the J??CPM3.EMS file and whatever else you use.

Have you got an empty image file for B:?

Geoff

funkheld

hello thanks.

i have nocht b:

is it 8256 PCW.

greeting

GeoffB17

Apologies for causing confusion.  However, my PCW is really still a 8256, although it has an external B: drive (5.25") and the 512k of RAM, and the less said about the uIDE drives the better!!   It says on the front, and on the keyboard, it's a 8256, and I'm happy with that!

You might have got a Gotek drive added, or even an added B:?   No matter, it you've got the A: ONLY, then just treat my comments as relating to another A: disk

Geoff