News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

copy games from cpc to Joyce

Started by radu14m, 15:01, 20 August 18

Previous topic - Next topic

radu14m

im trying to copy some files on cpc, for my joyce.
i have a M4 board, and a cpc6128.
games are copied fom PC to M4 via wifi.

unfortunately, the m4 drive is not recognized anymore in discology, and im stuck here.
even the M4 coppy command did not help.
how can i do the copy in the easiest way ?
thanks for your help :)

radu14m

SOS

You Need a "simple" filecopy?
Do you tried YANCC?

GUNHED

Quote from: SOS on 14:53, 26 August 18
You Need a "simple" filecopy?
Do you tried YANCC?

Does it work with Joyce too? That's nice!
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

radu14m

GeoffB17

When you refer to 'Joyce' are you talking about the emulator (John Elliott's) or do you mean an actual PCW?

I assume you've got the latter, you don't need to involve the CPC if you've got files on the PC that you need to get into the emulator.   Or am I missing something.

If you need to get files from a PC onto a 3" disk for the PCW, then it may be easier to get a 3.5" drive, which could be attached to the PCW directly, or maybe a little easier if attached to a CPC?   Then use something like 22DISK on the PC - BUT you need an older type of PC, ideally a DOS machine, that will allow access to the disk controller.

More info if you need it.

Geoff

SOS

Quote from: GUNHED on 17:10, 26 August 18

Does it work with Joyce too? That's nice!
No, but Radu14m asks about "im trying to copy some files on cpc", so yancc works on cpc (what he asks for)

radu14m

Quote from: GeoffB17 on 18:57, 26 August 18
When you refer to 'Joyce' are you talking about the emulator (John Elliott's) or do you mean an actual PCW?

I assume you've got the latter, you don't need to involve the CPC if you've got files on the PC that you need to get into the emulator.   Or am I missing something.

If you need to get files from a PC onto a 3" disk for the PCW, then it may be easier to get a 3.5" drive, which could be attached to the PCW directly, or maybe a little easier if attached to a CPC?   Then use something like 22DISK on the PC - BUT you need an older type of PC, ideally a DOS machine, that will allow access to the disk controller.

More info if you need it.

Geoff

ok, maybe i did not exaplain so good so i will describe again :)

i use a joyce pcw 8512 and a cpc6128 with M4 board wifi adapter.
for the pcw i have only a disk with CPM plus, so im stuck ..no software nothning..

i download a lot of pcw software on my PC, and now i need to transfer them on a 3" disk  ( for the pcw )
so far so good.
i copy the software on M4 board ( connected to cpc6128 ), using the wifi connection.
i see them on M4 board, with "cat" command - on drive A.
and here is the problem.
drive A is the m4.
i cannot find a way to copy the software from M4 board to 3" drive  ( floppy ).
both are seen as drive A.
Discology cannot see them as different drives.

GUNHED

Put some DOS as ROM 7 and M4-DOS at ROM 6, then try the M4 copy command.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

GeoffB17

Right.

8512 should have two drives, A: which is the 170k SS disk, and B: which used the 720k DSDD disk.   But you say you have the A: boot disk for CP/M only, no disks for B:?

Which disk does the 6128 take.   I assume the SS 170k disk only?

You'll not transfer much using that, as if it's your ONLY disk you'll have to keep the CP/M software on it?  And where are you going to put the PCW software you do transfer?   I must be missing some important details?

Geoff

radu14m

my 8512 has only one functional floppy.
i use the 170kb ones.

as for the empty disks, i have around 5-6 pcs ready to be filled :)

GeoffB17

As you specifically say it's an 8512, I assume the other drive is there, but not working.   Just the rubber band gone, or something worse?

I'd recommend trying to get a 3.5" drive working there, there is info on the web on how to do this.

If you've at least got some others A: disks, that's a massive help.

My 8256 is doing well, it's got the extra RAM for 8512, with two external B: disks, a 5.25" and a 3.5" (although I need to swap cables between them, so it's one or the other) then I have one of JonB's UIDE boards attached giving me 8Mb virtual HDs on C: thru P: (excluding M: which is still the RamDisk).

If you're more into games (which I'm NOT) then maybe you'd be better off to attach one of the Gotek drives, as I understand that you can boot from the virtual A: disks stored there.

Geoff