News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Danish NC100 ob DBA.DK

Started by robcfg, 23:21, 29 November 11

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

Hi everybody!

CpcManiaco brought this to my attention: http://www.dba.dk/andet-maerke-amstrad-nc100/id-78394980/

I didn't knew that there was a Danish NC100 and it would be nice to get it, scan it, scan its PCB, dump the rom for the MESS emulator...

So, could any of our danish fellows here help me get it? Obviously I'd pay the item, the shipping within Denmark AND the shipping to Spain.

Please, please, pleeeeeeeease!  ;)

Gryzor

110 euros... ouch.

Very interesting, that they should produce a special edition for such a niche machine, for such a small market...

mr_lou

It seems rather expensive.

I've often thought about trying out one of these, but never been able to find any "usefulness" for me. Unlike the CPC which can be used for many interesting and fun stuff, I can't spot anything fun or interesting to do with an NC100....

robcfg

I do agree is rather expensive, but then again I haven't seen any other like this one.

Anyone with a DBA.DK account willing to help me?  ;D

Edit: I forgot! I can have it sent to Germany too as this Christmas I'll be visiting my grandmother. Maybe it's cheaper....

mr_lou

Well I'm in Denmark. I've just sent the seller an SMS bidding a lower price.

robcfg

Many thanks!

If you manage to arrange a deal with the seller, tell me and I'll transfer you the money. Then we can talk about sending it out of Denmark  ;D

MacDeath

QuoteVery interesting, that they should produce a special edition for such a niche machine, for such a small market...
Actually a lucrative market : corporates guys who need such device.   

mr_lou

I got it for 78 euro including shipment. Already transferred the money to seller, so now waiting for it to arrive. Will probably take at least a week, since he'll be waiting for the money to arrive before sending and such.
Looking forward to checking it out. Have always been curious about these, though doubtful I'd find it interesting. Nice to be able to take a look at one without actually buying it.  ;)

robcfg

Wow, Thanks so much!

Take your time to check it out, I'm in no hurry  8)

When the package arrives and you can ask for the postage either to Spain or Germany, tell me and I'll send you the money right away. Of course, if you prefer that I send you the money you already paid, I'm a private message away.

Ohhhh, I'm quite happy today! First this, and then I got a couple of games in which I worked on.  :D

Gryzor

One stone, two Amstrad enthusiasts. Yay :D

Cholo

Good you got it down in price  ;) 800 dkr was waaaay to much (still ive seen worse too).

mr_lou

The NC100 has arrived, and I've tested it briefly.
Everything is in danish, not just the keys, but also all programs and instruction manual.

Where should I send it?

robcfg

Nice!

I'm sending you a PM.

Thank you very much!

Gryzor

Do take a couple of close-up, high-res photos :)

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:15, 07 December 11
I don't have a good camera for that, sorry.

robcfg

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:15, 07 December 11

Don't worry! You'll have my nice 300dpi scans of the unit, the PCB and also the ROM dumps. Eventually the manual will be scanned too  ;D

Gryzor

300dpi? Pfffft!
Just kidding - thanks! :D

Bryce

Do you have a scanner? You can get some pretty good images of small PCBs by scanning it :) Although I would be very suprised if the hardware was any different than the standard NC board. Other than the ROM Image and the Symbols on the keys it should be identical.

Bryce.

robcfg

Indeed I expect no surprise, but there's always room for surprise.

The nice bit there is obviously the rom content. Soon on the CPCWiki and the MESS emulator  8)

robcfg

Hi, folks!

My mother has kindly informed me that the Danish NC100 has safely arrived in Germany  8)

Thank you very much, Mr. Lou!

mr_lou

Anytime.  :)

It was nice to have an opportunity to check it out for myself.

Nilquader

Have you already dumped the ROM? I would love test it on an emulator...
--
Nilquader of SPRING
http://www.nilquader.net/

robcfg

Yes, you can get them in the downloads section of the nc series page.

They are now officialy supported in the latest version of MESS.

nokia8800

Dear mr_lou. Can you still help with DBA.DK account? I have some tickets 10pcs full festival to sell in DK i would share % with you. Easy job. Please PM