Data transfer between NC100 and CPC 464

Started by Liamob1, 12:37, 28 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Liamob1

First of all, is this possible? I've researched and can't seem to find any sort of fine details?

If possable, what would be the preferred method?

Bryce

Probably the easiest method would be via RS232.

Bryce.

Liamob1

Thanks! What would be the best way to achieve this? - Are the serial interfaces being reproduced? I imagine trying to find one is going to be difficult.

Bryce

I'm not sure, but the original ones come up regularly on ebay. On the other hand you could cobble together some sort of 1 bit interface between the printer ports to transfer stuff too. How much data do you need to transfer?

Bryce.

Liamob1

If I'm being honest, I don't have the device yet so I'm not sure. Ideally I want to be able to write basic files and transfer them, however to start with, moving Documents over to the CPC first would be nice. I love my CPC and an NC was a bit of an impulse buy based on my knowledge of the amstrad brand so far. I've read in the manuals that modems can be used to transfer data so I was expecting something via the serial port. However, I completely overlooked the fact that the CPC464 doesn't come with a serial built in [emoji23].

I'll have to keep an eye out. I have the Protext software for CPC that is recommended for transfer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk