Does anyone have a copy of CP/M Flipper for the PCW?

Started by Richard_Lloyd, 22:19, 22 November 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_Lloyd

Hello all.

There are references to a piece of software for the Amstrad PCW called Flipper which allows two application sessions and gives the ability to 'flip' between them. I've tracked down the manuals on the Internet but not the software itself.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Richard
CPC464, CPC6128, PCW8512, PCW10, BSA & NSP

GeoffB17

Yers, I have a copy of Flipper - I think I got it from this forum/Wiki archive.  Just checked my disk, and I note it's version 3, not sure if it's important which version you find?

I messed about a long time ago with it, got it installed, had it working.   It did work.   The system was designed for swapping between CP/M and Loco, but it could be used for swapping between other things, just depends on the memory requirements, how much RAM you've got, and how much you want to or need to allow for each application.

I really didn't need to swap back and forth between things, so it wasn't really worthwhile for me.

I can send you what I've got, or try to find the link to the system that's on the Wiki (I'm sure).

Geoff

GeoffB17

Hello,

An update.

I've found the original files that I got, some time ago.

I've got 3 files.   FLIPPER8.DSK, FLIPPER9.DSK and FLIPPER.ZIP

Not sure where I got them from now, I think NOT from the Wiki.   Someone else maybe sent them to me?

The two .DSK files are installed images of boot disks, one for 8xxx machines, and one for 9xxx machine.   Both set to 'flip' between Loco and CP/M.

The small .ZIP file contains the actual FLIPPER software, and some limited docs.   The actual software is deceptively small.

As I noted, this is Flipper v3.   I think this contains some extra features over earlier versions.

Geoff

Richard_Lloyd

@GeoffB17 Brilliant. I don't have a 9xxx machine but I wouldn't mind the other two (or all if it's easier to send the lot).

Cheers, Richard.
Richard

GeoffB17

OK - files attached.

I traced who sent them to me back in Sept 2017.   Thanks J.

I've sent just the .ZIP, which is everything really, and the .DSK for 8xxx machine A: drive, which is just a demo really.

ComSoft6128

Some info:

Flipper
https://cpcrulez.fr/applications_disc-flipper.htm

Flipper 3 (In German but use the translate option - only takes a few seconds)
https://cpcrulez.fr/applications_util-flipper_3_AI.htm

Richard_Lloyd

Richard

jevicac

Hello everyone, I have yet to finish making the dsk images and retouching the flipper manuals. But I upload the version v2.11 that I already had. Greetings

stevecwilliams

Quote from: GeoffB17 on 23:01, 22 November 21Hello,

An update.

I've found the original files that I got, some time ago.

I've got 3 files.  FLIPPER8.DSK, FLIPPER9.DSK and FLIPPER.ZIP

Not sure where I got them from now, I think NOT from the Wiki.  Someone else maybe sent them to me?

The two .DSK files are installed images of boot disks, one for 8xxx machines, and one for 9xxx machine.  Both set to 'flip' between Loco and CP/M.

The small .ZIP file contains the actual FLIPPER software, and some limited docs.  The actual software is deceptively small.

As I noted, this is Flipper v3.  I think this contains some extra features over earlier versions.

Geoff
Hello Geoff,

I am after the Flipper v3 disk image for the PCW 9512 that you have (FLIPPER9.dsk), if you read this could you send it to me?

Many Thanks,

Steve

GeoffB17

Sent PM, then checked if I still had files from before.

Yes, I do.

Never looked at the flipper9 disk image, but I do have it.  Looked in the file, and it seems to have the necessary in there, you'll just have to see how it goes.

Geoff

stevecwilliams