News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Getting rid of old machines

Started by ComSoft6128, 06:33, 17 May 20

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Hi,

Due to an imminent house move I no longer have space for three PCW16's and one PCW 8256.
Post lockdown should any member want one (one per member ;D )  they can be picked up from Glasgow free of charge. My only condition is that they are taken by someone that is genuinely interested in these computers, not for flogging on eBay!

Cheers,

Peter

TynH

Well I always did want a PcW16 but I'd have nowhere to put it, the Missus would probably kill me for real this time AND I'm not even in the UK. Going through a two week quarantine at Dover doesn't sound all that appealing either.

I'll certainly regret this for the rest of my sorry life but seems like I'll have to make do with three PCW 8256/8512, four NC100s, one Acorn A4000 plus a few bits and bobs as well as two or so PCs.

:-X

SkulleateR

I always wanted to get one of those PCW, but since I'm in germany this is out of reach  :-[

I hope those machines will get a good new home soon ....

Ygdrazil

Excellent offer, I have always been fascinated  by the Pcw16, even though I am mainly a CPC guy the Pcw16 would fit nicely in among my 8256, nc100 and n200.

Living in Denmark this is sadly out of my reach..
I also hope those machines will get a good new home soon ....
/Ygdrazil

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 06:33, 17 May 20Hi,

Due to an imminent house move I no longer have space for three PCW16's and one PCW 8256.
Post lockdown should any member want one (one per member ;D )  they can be picked up from Glasgow free of charge. My only condition is that they are taken by someone that is genuinely interested in these computers, not for flogging on eBay!

Cheers,

Peter

JonB

I already have one, nice machine. I think it needs uIDE though.

Maybe GeoffB17 might be a good recipient. Geoff, how about it?

8bitjunky

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 06:33, 17 May 20
Hi,

Cheers,

Peter

Hi, its a v generous offer is it still open!!!  :o

Im a newbie here but cant seem to get these Amstrad machines out my head, got my first ever computer a PCW9256 from the catalogue clearance shop in early 90's and still got it lol. I hope you can consider me for a PCW16 as been looking to find one for ages but they never come up these days. The drive would be a chore as based in Lincolnshire but my old mans from Perth and so he would enjoy the ride up and im willing to get my hands finally on a legendary PCW16. I even have a image for the restore disk if anybody needs that.

Thanks

ComSoft6128

Offer still open - 1 has already been requested so 2 still left.
A little background - back in 94(93?) Amstrad sent me six of these machines for development of 3rd party software so they are all unbadged but were working when last boxed up 20+ years ago. However, I cant remember if they were equipped with battery back up (think so but not sure), if so it is likely the battery is corroded and leaking by now.
I will hold onto them for another two months so if you can organise something during that timescale PM me and I'll get one out of the "Amstrad Cupboard from Hell" for you :)

OliW

This is indeed very generous and very tempting.   They are intriguing machines  :)

I'm in Cheshire - so it would be a long drive for me too.  But free awesome retro stuff!   Thinking......
- Oli Wright

Amstrad PCW8256, Amstrad CPC464
Also VIC 20 x2, C64, BBC Master, A500, A500+, Electron, Atari 130XE

geebus

Hey, I'm just up the road in Kilmacolm. Do you still have an 8256 free?

ComSoft6128

Yes,

One still free, maybe two.

Send a PM and we'll get something organised.

geebus

Was great to meet you. Thanks again for the 8256! it'll be well used in it's new home and given a bit of a clean up/refurb. If it doesn't already have 512k memory it will have it soon hopefully.
Once the pandemic has died down a bit, and I finally get my office set up, i'd like to invite you over to see all my machines set up.