News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Is my PCW8256 Faulty?? :(

Started by dreamscape, 11:58, 02 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamscape

Bryce

Yup, looks like the controller isn't happy. Unfortunately, this isn't a part that's easy to find. Finding another complete keyboard is your best bet.

Bryce.

GeoffB17

Regarding keyboard.

check CJE Micro's : Welcome

Down their list, they seem to be selling PCW keyboards for £22.00 incl p&p + VAT.

They must have acquired a bulk lot of PCW stuff, from some commercial user who may have had piles?
They say keyboard 'untested', but this is a business and sales will be covered by some guarantee.

They are also offering PCW8512 machines, complete, with software etc, for £165 (again, incl UK p&p and VAT).  They seem to be saying with 2 @ 3" drives, and 2 @ 3.5" drives, some external ??   All working as of 2013 when 'taken out of service' !!!

Plus various associated bits??   P&P overseas to be discussed!

Any use??

Geoff Barnard

yoshi.doshi

Quote from: GeoffB17 on 18:31, 08 November 15
Regarding keyboard.

check CJE Micro's : Welcome

Down their list, they seem to be selling PCW keyboards for £22.00 incl p&p + VAT.

They must have acquired a bulk lot of PCW stuff, from some commercial user who may have had piles?
They say keyboard 'untested', but this is a business and sales will be covered by some guarantee.

They are also offering PCW8512 machines, complete, with software etc, for £165 (again, incl UK p&p and VAT).  They seem to be saying with 2 @ 3" drives, and 2 @ 3.5" drives, some external ??   All working as of 2013 when 'taken out of service' !!!

Plus various associated bits??   P&P overseas to be discussed!

Any use??

Geoff Barnard

Hi i am trying to part with a quantity of amstrad items  and have a full 8512 working system that i would part with. I have recently refurbished both drives and it would  have a few additonal extras that would come with it that could be put into a bundle for uk only due to weight. Is still all nice and grey. Sadly no boxes but if you are interested i can send photos to give you a better idea.

Was a recent project that i now have put in storage.