News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

It's Basic! - Amstrad PCW

Started by P5ychoFox, 20:07, 29 March 20

Previous topic - Next topic

P5ychoFox

I'm searching for 'It's Basic!' a compilation of BASIC programs for Amstrad PCW made by Nabitchi Computing in 1987. As far as I know the disk has not been digitally preserved and I'd love to play the games again, particularly Dice. I spent many happy hours playing that as a kid.

I've attached a review and an advert for the program from 8000+ Magazine.

Please let me know if anyone has It's Basic! in their collection.

jevicac

Sorry, we don't have it preserved. Anyway, if someone has it we would also be interested.

Andy T

Hi - just sorting out my old PCW 8256 discs for putting on ebay and came across this post.  I have a copy of It's basic Vol 1 (Nabitchi computing) - Licence No 1751.  if you are still interested.

jevicac

Hi Andy, from the PCWwiki, we would like to preserve it.

P5ychoFox

Quote from: Andy T on 21:52, 24 November 20
Hi - just sorting out my old PCW 8256 discs for putting on ebay and came across this post.  I have a copy of It's basic Vol 1 (Nabitchi computing) - Licence No 1751.  if you are still interested.

PM sent. Amazing, thanks! Plus I can digitally preserve the disk and will share the .dsk image.

JTN

Apparently I also have a copy of this in my collection. It's on a working disc, not master disc, so maybe Andy T's is better to preserve; no recollection of where/when I got it. I haven't checked whether I also have a printed manual that came with it.

(Also happy to upload this and other material to the PCW Wiki -- I've emailed several times about creating an account, but had no response so far.)
[attach=1]

P5ychoFox

Great to see another copy of the program has survived. It has now been digitally preserved although I'd still like to buy an original copy if anyone has one.