News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Italian NC150

Started by zzarko, 11:57, 22 January 14

Previous topic - Next topic

zzarko

Today I got my hands on an italian version of NC150. I don't know if firmaware for this machine was scanned and submitted, but if not, I have a friend who colud do it. Also, I can provede photographs of the machine, if needed.

I have a few questions regarding this machine, that I wasn't able to find answers here anywhere else...

Since I'm not familiar with italian language, is it possible to replace firmware in NC150 with english one from NC200? I know that there is german translation of NC150 firmware (http://forum.classic-computing.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2571), is there maybe an english translation?

Also, I read somwhere that NC150 could access external floppy drive. If it is possible, is there maybe a schematic for this?
464,664,6128,6128+,NC150,NC200,Joyce512,PPC512, PenPad, www.oncuponabyte.org

TFM

In that forum it was talked about replacing the NC100 ROM by the NC150 ROM. You should not use the NC200 ROM in a NC150, because the number of lines on screen is different, you would only see half of it.

Of course you already did check out this...

Category:NC Series - CPCWiki

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

zzarko

Yes, I did checked those pages, and I saw that firmware can be replaced, but I don't know with what.

On the german site from the link there is a talk about some uips program tak takes some ips file and patches NC150 rom file to german language. I don't know what is the structure of the ROM file (I found french and italian on the net) and is it safe to translate strings in it. I also couldn't find that german ips file to see how it's done.

TFM

Just ask them in English there - they will help you.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

robcfg

Hi Zzarko!

Congratulations on that NC150! They are quite hard to find.

I got one, and did scans of the pcb and the unit. Also dumped the rom, but it would be nice if you can dump it in case the firmware version is different.

Regards,
Rob

zzarko

Quote from: robcfg on 12:46, 24 January 14Also dumped the rom, but it would be nice if you can dump it in case the firmware version is different.
Sorry for the late reply, the work got the best of me... Anyway, I'll see when I can do the scanning, and post ROM as soon as I can. Where should I sent it?

robcfg

I think you can post it as an attachment.

If you're not sure just send me a pm, so you can send me the rom and I'll take care of comparing it with mine.

Regards,
Rob