Käsekästchen - Preview on another gift to Joyce for thirtieth birthday

Started by sucram, 09:15, 31 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

sucram

I too want to give Joyce (PCW) a new game for the 30th birthday:
Käsekästchen, a version of the popular game Dots and Boxes for up to five players, programmed with Turbo Pascal 3.0 and GSX routines.

The game is not finished yet, but here are some pictures as a preview:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

robcfg

Das ist ja super!

Kriegen wir auch eine version auf englisch?

sucram

QuoteDas ist ja super!

Kriegen wir auch eine version auf englisch?

Yes, I will integrate a languageselection.

Fessor

Wird es wirklich Joyce-fixiert? Durch GSX müsste es doch eigentlich auf allen CP/M-Maschinen laufen. (Genügend Speicher vorausgesetzt)

sucram

Ich habe es bislang noch auf keinem anderen CP/M System getestet, es sollte aber in der Tat auch auf anderen CP/M plus Maschinen lauffähig sein, entsprechende Grafiktreiber vorausgesetzt.
Gibt es geeignete Emulatoren für entsprechende Tests?

I haven't  test it on any other CP/M system, but it should be run on other CP/M plus machines with needed graphics driver.
Are there appropriate emulators for tests?

Devilmarkus

Jeder CPC Emulator kann auch CP/M ;)
Wie das dann mit den Grafiken aussieht, kann ich Dir allerdings nicht sagen...
Magst Du mir mal ein DSK Image zukommen lassen?
Dann kann ich das relativ schnell testen...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

sucram

Devilmarkus hat das Spiel mit einem CPC-Emulator unter CP/M plus getestet. Nachdem er den Grafiktreiber DDSCREEN durch DDMODE2 ersetzt hat, sind zumindest Linien und Schrift auf dem Bildschirm platziert worden. Leider fehlt die Flächenfüllung, der Schriftsatz passt nicht (ä,ö,ü,ß..) und die Zeilenabstände beim Text passen nicht.
Ich denke mit überschaubarem Aufwand werde ich das bei Gelegenheit noch anpassen können, vorausgesetzt ich finde einen geeigneten Grafiktreiber für die Flächenfüllung. Es wird aber alles etwas dauern...

Devilmarkus has tested the game with a CPC emulator under CP/M plus. Having the graphics driver DDSCREEN replaced by DDMODE2, at least lines and characters on the screen have been placed. Missing was the fill, the font is wrong (missing ä, ö, ü, ß...)
I think with reasonable effort I'll still be able to adapt it for the CPC. But I need to find a graphics driver for the fill. But that will take some time.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

FloppySoftware

Congratulations!! I missed your post!!!!  :'(

I want to play your game!  :)

Regarding GSX drivers, I remember that the supplied with DR programs (Dr draw, etc.) were better and more completed than the supplied by Amstrad.

Then, the solution would be to get the drivers from a Dr disk.

Regarding the font issue, maybe the solution is send to the screen the escape sequence to set the language as german, or use LANGUAGE tool.
floppysoftware.es < NEW URL!!!
cpm-connections.blogspot.com.es

sucram

Hello Miguel,

the game is my first try in GSX-programming on the PCW.
There are still a few mistakes in the programm, which I want to resolve before publishing. But I send you in an unfinished version by email. 

As driver I use the DDSCREEN from DR Draw / DR Graph, it works with the PCW. But if start the game on the CPC with driver DDMODE2 the fillings doesn't work. I search for other driver, there is one with CBasic, but the result is the same. This is not the only problem to use it on the CPC. I have to place the text in another way and the control keys must be addressed differently.   

A few Links concerning GSX: 
http://www.seasip.info/Cpm/gsxint.html
http://www.cirsovius.de/CPM/Projekte/Artikel/Grafik/CPMGSX/CPMGSX.html
http://www.cirsovius.de/CPM/Projekte/Artikel/Grafik/GrafRoll/GrafRoll.html
http://www.fvempel.nl/basic.html

Best regards,
Marcus 

Devilmarkus

I think the problem occurs, because the Joyce seems to use 640x400 pixels...
The CPC has a maximum (without hardware manipulation) of 640x200 pixels...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

FloppySoftware

Quote from: sucram on 12:57, 01 September 15
Hello Miguel,

the game is my first try in GSX-programming on the PCW.
There are still a few mistakes in the programm, which I want to resolve before publishing. But I send you in an unfinished version by email. 

As driver I use the DDSCREEN from DR Draw / DR Graph, it works with the PCW. But if start the game on the CPC with driver DDMODE2 the fillings doesn't work. I search for other driver, there is one with CBasic, but the result is the same. This is not the only problem to use it on the CPC. I have to place the text in another way and the control keys must be addressed differently.   

A few Links concerning GSX: 
http://www.seasip.info/Cpm/gsxint.html
http://www.cirsovius.de/CPM/Projekte/Artikel/Grafik/CPMGSX/CPMGSX.html
http://www.cirsovius.de/CPM/Projekte/Artikel/Grafik/GrafRoll/GrafRoll.html
http://www.fvempel.nl/basic.html

Best regards,
Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I have just sent to you an email with my reply, regarding the problems you said.

Anyway, as it can be of help to someone, I will write here my reply too:

--quote--
Hi Marcus.
The problems are solved!
As you can see in the attached image (cpc2.png), the fill operation is working in the WinAPE CPC emulator.
I did the test with the attached DSK (CPC format) file (CPM_GSX.DSK), that includes ASSIGN.SYS, DDMODE1.PRL, DDMODE2.PRL and GSX.SYS files, that come from the Dr. Draw v1.0.1 DSKs for the CPC, also attached.
As I said in the forum, these drivers come from Digital Research, and are better tan those from Amstrad.
Regarding the keyboard problem, it's solved too. In the CPC, you must execute the command:
SETKEYS KEYS.CCP
before you run the game, and the CPC keyboard will generate the same control characters as the PCW for the cursor keys.
And regarding the language problem, is solved too!
You must execute the command:
LANGUAGE 2
before you run the game, and the CPC font will be the German one, instead of the default one (Spanish, English, etc.) depending of the CP/M version.
Maybe you can write a SUB file to play the game, including these two commands, to automatize the process.
I hope this help you to make a very good game, for our beloved Amstrad PCW / Joyce.

--unquote--

I will be very happy when you end this game!  :)

Edit: I forgot to say, that you can send to the console the following escape sequence:

PRINT CHR$(27) + "2" + CHR$(2);

(or the equivalent in Pascal, C, etc.) to do the same effect as the LANGUAGE 2 command.

sucram

sucram

Meanwhile, I've almost finished the game. It also runs on the CPC.  :D

But I want to implement other languages.
As my foreign language skills are limited, I beg you to help me with the translation. In the attached file, all texts are available in different languages.
The instructions I have written only in German, English and Dutch, so far. Better and more translations are welcome.

TFM

Anstatt Spielanweisung wuerde ich Spielanleitung schreiben. Super, dass es auch auf'm CPC laufen soll!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Dubliner

I could give a hand with the spanish translation if nobody else does, but i won't be able to do that for at least three weeks.

TFM

Quote from: Dubliner on 21:40, 12 October 15
I could give a hand with the spanish translation if nobody else does, but i won't be able to do that for at least three weeks.

It's only a couple lines. About as much as you posted today.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

sucram

There are in fact only a few sentences to translate, or with other words less than 100 words.

robcfg

Can you send me a pm with the text to translate to spanish? I'm currently in Mexico so it can take a couple of days.

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 15:45, 13 October 15
Can you send me a pm with the text to translate to spanish? I'm currently in Mexico so it can take a couple of days.

See 5 posts before. It's all in there. Just need somebody to read over it.
TFM of FutureSoft

sucram

sucram

The game is finished, I hope you enjoy it.
[attachimg=2]

FloppySoftware

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

FloppySoftware

Nice game, congratulations!  :)

But I must to practice.  :-[