minority report - pcw - retro gamer

Started by arnoldemu, 08:52, 15 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

Latest retro gamer has a minority report covering the Amstrad PCW :)

A good selection of adventure games, Spanish games from Opera soft and La Abadia del Crimen by Habi.
cp/m box gets a mention too!

A nice article.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

robcfg

Coooool! I'm telling Habi right away, hehe!

arnoldemu

Quote from: robcfg on 11:59, 15 July 14
Coooool! I'm telling Habi right away, hehe!
batman is reviewed but they forget to mention the ay interface for the pcw (old or new). sad.

they do mention some games can be controlled by mouse.

19 games are reviewed with a few lines for each game.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

That's pretty nice! Haven't received my copy yet...

ivarf

Looking forward to reading it :)

An article about games made for the Amstrad PC 1512 16 colourmode would be be great too

MacDeath

I quite agree... this 16 colour 640x200x16 video mode was so rarely used... it is quite a shame, Amstrad should have supplied more dev material to game companies, and they also should have released the CGAmstrad as proper cheap video card.

ivarf

Quote from: MacDeath on 18:47, 17 July 14
I quite agree... this 16 colour 640x200x16 video mode was so rarely used... it is quite a shame, Amstrad should have supplied more dev material to game companies, and they also should have released the CGAmstrad as proper cheap video card.

Do you know the name of any of those games that used it?

SyX

I think must be the same mode that the Tandy PCs added, that means the Sierra Adventures should support it, i have found in Moby Games this list, i don't think every game there use the 640x200x16 but must be a few ones. 

Carnivius

What other systems used such an awkward resolution that it would have been worth doing graphics in that res if it meant using them to port the game on other machines with the same res?   The PCW itself wasn't exactly a popular machine for gaming.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

MacDeath

most were simply 320x200x16 due to port from EGA version... ;D

sadly amstrad PC could do quite like a NEC PC8000 series... even better... why no japanese firm ever developped on thoses sweep amstrad PC1512...