News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PC2086 - Keylock

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:59, 19 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

That's an anti-leech thing from the looks of it...

Bryce

Aaaarrrggghhh Gryzor! Can you leave the server alone for 5 minutes so that I can at least try some things!

Bryce.

Gryzor

The server is fine. Monitored 24/7 at this point, and i'm online for the past hour or so without noticing a single issue :p

CPU load:
[attachimg=1]
(note that the top line is only 30% of the CPU)

DB load:
[attachimg=2]

So, really not sure what your issue is :D

1024MAK

Quote from: Bryce on 10:40, 25 February 16I thought it might have been ABP (Ad Blocker Plus), which is on both and only on FF, but turning that off didn't make the picture appear.
ABP in use on FF on my PC and no problem with displaying the picture in the first post.

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

1024MAK

Quote from: Bryce on 10:59, 25 February 16
Ok, something happened that it has got worse. In the GND for Dummies thread I can't see the attachment, but in IE I also don't see it any more, it just shows a small black box with an X in it.
The picture in AMSDOS's second post does not work for me either. I'm sure that the Peter Vis web site does not allow direct linking to pictures (as in it blocks them).

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Gryzor

Yup, as I said, anti-leech.

Bryce

Yeah! Finally sorted the problem out. No idea what the problem was, but I completely de-installed FF, then went in and deleted all the files and directories it had left over (47MB worth!!) and re-installed. Now the pictures are showing up.
Possibly due to always updating and never doing clean installs. I'll do that tonight at home too :)

Bryce.

Gryzor

OH SO IT WASN'T ME MESSING WITH THE SERVER, BRYCE?

Bryce

No. Your "messing with the server" (or whatever it was) was causing "no access, please try again later" type messages. The picture problem was my FF.

Bryce.

Gryzor

I was joking. Did you get the message back then, this morning?

Bryce

Yeah, just once, but it seems stable at the moment.

Bryce.

Gryzor

It's been much stabler since yesterday morning, actually... surprised it timed out, I didn't notice anything.

leliup

Dear all, I found this thread which is relevant for my issue, so I continue here.

Today I wanted to restart my old 2086 but I got the "keylock" beeping error at boot.
Last time I played with my 2086 I guess it was around 5 years ago and it worked well.
I followed suggestion in the previous posts: I disconnected the keylock connector and Inalso tried to short circuit the two keylock wires, but no results. The keyboard apparently works: in fact before the error, it is possible to activate/deactivate caps lock and block num. Then when it starts beeping, block num starts blinking.
What can I try to do ?

Thanks !!