News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PCW Pack

Started by Habi, 00:22, 03 March 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Habi

Hello there.
Last Monday, in celebration of leap year, I uploaded a few PCW related things; I've forgotten to post them here until now.  :picard:

Anyway, let's start with PCW software:

1) "La Abadía del crimen", enhaced version with new graphics, digitalized audio (using the DAC of my Dk'sound clone), some bugfixes and an easter egg.

Before:

After:

2) New ported game: HeroQuest.

HeroQuest (PCW)

I've also uploaded the internal development version of some emulators; not to be considered official versions, but maybe useful for somebody:

3) CP/M Box, with several corrections, etc.

http://habisoft.com/pcw/CPMBox.zip

4) "Ana Rosa", a PcW16 emulator. At this moment, floppy disc doesn't works very well, and mouse coordinates are poked.

http://habisoft.com/pcw/AnaRosa.zip

5) AndroPCW, a port for Android of CP/M Box. Has some issues with Lollipop at present.

http://habisoft.com/pcw/AndroPCW.zip

Cheers!

Habi

Prodatron

I am really impressed! Especially "Ana Rosa" will help me a lot!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

||C|-|E||

This is all extremely nice! Seriously!  :D

Kris

"La abadia del cirmen" is really impressivel; great job !

TFM

Any chance for an English version of Abadia del Crimen?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Quote from: Prodatron on 00:58, 03 March 16
I am really impressed! Especially "Ana Rosa" will help me a lot!

Oh, you need a real PcW16? I got a spare one, for postage.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Munchausen

Quote from: TFM on 16:52, 03 March 16

Oh, you need a real PcW16? I got a spare one, for postage.

I bought a second pcw16 specifically for prodatron some time ago. I haven't sent it because I was trying to figure out how to connect the IDE drive (if there's going to be a symbos port we would like IDE right?) I was part way through reversing the schematics WRT the missing ICs, but haven't had time to look at it for a while due to real life.

TFM

Quote from: Munchausen on 18:13, 03 March 16
I bought a second pcw16 specifically for prodatron some time ago. I haven't sent it because I was trying to figure out how to connect the IDE drive (if there's going to be a symbos port we would like IDE right?) I was part way through reversing the schematics WRT the missing ICs, but haven't had time to look at it for a while due to real life.

Ok, you first then. So I don't have to bother my dad to put it in a box and bring it to the post office. I honestly don't know about the PcW16's IDE features. Was there an official hardware, or something homebrew. (Shouldn't be a problem to connect an X-MASS IMHO).
TFM of FutureSoft

Munchausen

Quote from: TFM on 18:36, 03 March 16

Ok, you first then. So I don't have to bother my dad to put it in a box and bring it to the post office. I honestly don't know about the PcW16's IDE features. Was there an official hardware, or something homebrew. (Shouldn't be a problem to connect an X-MASS IMHO).

The PCB has a place for an IDE socket on it, and the main system IO controller (winbond 83787) has an IDE controller, but there are also some other parts that are missing. It just needs to be determined what is missing so that it can be added. I doubt that the normal OS supports it, but it should work for homebrew software. There is also space for more RAM, flash, and a VGA connector on the PCB (@Habi has got VGA working, in colour!). From the specs, it should also be possible to add an external floppy drive connected to the parallel port.

Also: feel free to send prodatron a PCW16 as I may still take some time!

TFM

Very interesting. So Amstrad intended to sell some PcW16 with hard disc!?! Does anybody know about such a machine?
Or did they stop integrating IDE after half the way, like the PcW9512 contains parts of the ANT-II (which are kind of unnecessary for the PcW).

A mystery!

TFM of FutureSoft

PulkoMandy

The PcW16 has a lot of unused features. Not only the half IDE port, but also the VGA output with CPC-compatile 27 color palette and a few more things. Clearly the ANT project was still in the developer team mind, but as far as I know that never reached production.

Munchausen

Quote from: PulkoMandy on 07:18, 04 March 16
The PcW16 has a lot of unused features. Not only the half IDE port, but also the VGA output with CPC-compatile 27 color palette and a few more things. Clearly the ANT project was still in the developer team mind, but as far as I know that never reached production.

I think you might be right about PCW16 and ANT. The Anne ASIC certainly leads a lot of room for a more powerful machine. One of the most powerful retro Z80 systems for sure.

Trebmint

Wow thanks for the PcW16 emu, booted it up last night and was taken back to when I was doing some dev work on it when it came out. Weird filing system, and a tricky to use OS, but a nice machine. Symbos on this would run very nicely

ivarf

Quote from: Trebmint on 11:22, 04 March 16
Wow thanks for the PcW16 emu, booted it up last night and was taken back to when I was doing some dev work on it when it came out. Weird filing system, and a tricky to use OS, but a nice machine. Symbos on this would run very nicely

I would love to see Sorcery +++ running on it ;)

Munchausen

Quote from: Trebmint on 11:22, 04 March 16

There is CP/M for it as well.

Trebmint

Quote from: Munchausen on 14:31, 04 March 16
There is CP/M for it as well.
I've never been that keen on CP/M Tbh, and I'm part of the Symbos team and I'm still working on Unify. I know this machine is something Prodatron would like to port too, so this emu is an amazing thing for this goal

Munchausen

Quote from: Trebmint on 14:35, 04 March 16
I've never been that keen on CP/M Tbh, and I'm part of the Symbos team and I'm still working on Unify. I know this machine is something Prodatron would like to port too, so this emu is an amazing thing for this goal

Sure, but it's perhaps less quirky (certainly more standardised) than Roseanne. Symbos is what I'd like to see too, it's the reason I bought a second one!

Habi

Thank you all!

I have uploaded a new version of HeroQuest which corrects a video corruption issue.  :picard:

It's on the same link, just download it again.

Regards.

greatxerox

i really like cp/m box.
what is this pre-release, it's Win32 ?

Habi

Quote from: greatxerox on 23:25, 08 March 16
i really like cp/m box.
what is this pre-release, it's Win32 ?

Thank you! Yes, it's Win32.

greatxerox

Quote from: Habi on 02:12, 13 March 16

Thank you! Yes, it's Win32.

Why are the printer, mice and the third icon on the right always grey ? is it normal ? (i have selected all in settings)
As you maybe know, we 're streaming some CPC games on Amstrad.eu.
i have the aim to use your emulator to stream on the site some pcw games. do you have a collection of games ? maybe could you create a pack and make it available, there are not so much games

Dropbox - PCW rom pack.rar

i'd like especially to play to Abadia del crimen, but i need english or french language  :(

Ace

Great pack of games there, greatxerox! Thanks!

Gryzor

A few years later, has anyone tried the PCW on Android?

"5) AndroPCW, a port for Android of CP/M Box. Has some issues with Lollipop at present."

Lollipop :D

Livingstone

Existe alguna actualización del Andropcw?
Tengo la versión 1.0.0, carga bien, ejecuta todo bien, pero...
- no guarda la ubicación del directorio donde tengo los programas, por defecto /data/data/com.embarcadero.AndroPCW/files

Felicitar de nuevo a Habi, me parece un emulador genial para Android, a ver si poco a poco puede ir mejorando y acercándose a su hermano mayor el CP/M Box.