Daisy Wheel Armature? Where to get one.

Started by cj7hawk, 15:52, 24 February 22

Previous topic - Next topic

cj7hawk

Does anyone still sell these? Apart from the people on Ebay who charge more than $100 for shipping?

Thanks
David

Bryce

Do you mean the hammer? And for what model printer? You're not telling us a lot.

Bryce.

cj7hawk

Yes, the hammer... I assumed it's the armature that dies, but I'm probably using the wrong word. Is there a guide to fixing the 9512 daisy wheel printer anywhere on the internet? And I didn't know there were multiple models. Where do I find that information?

I bought a printer in terrible shape... I should remember to ask for the one pictured any time someone says they have two to sell. Got caught that way. I think they took the opportunity to dump the one in battered condition that wasn't pictured on me. :(

But I'd like to try and fix it if possible. Bryce, I see you name attached to just about anything involving repairs. Any suggestions you can send my way on how to best approach such a problem is greatly appreciated.

It's also not feeding by itself. Might be more wrong with it, so seems I could need to take it apart to have a better look at everything that's wrong. Most of what I achieved last night was just getting as far as working out how to send text to the printer, then I noted that it has a lot more wrong with it, so I'm not experienced with these printers at all.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks
David

Bryce

Yes, repairs are my thing, but I have zero experience fixing printers. Any broken mechanical parts are going to be almost impossible to find, so I'd suggest you source another one and try to create a working printer from the parts of two.

Bryce.

GeoffB17

David,

There is a firm in the UK that has been advertising PCW 8512 systems for some time - I think they bought out everything from a large commercial user of PCW systems.

I've just looked at their web listing:

http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/prices/categories/consumables.shtml#AMS-8512-KB

and I note that they are listing an armature/hammer assembly, for £28.00, but this may include UK postage only?

You might care to check this out?

Geoff