News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

PCW16 vs Habi... round 1

Started by SyX, 11:12, 23 December 12

Previous topic - Next topic

SyX

Sorry i'm so busy these days, but i promise that i will post here the progress of Habi with the PCW16.

They are the first days, but a few interesting things have happened. His blog entries are in spanish, but they have a lot of pictures ;)

1.- His wip PCW16 emulator.

2.- Freeing the PW16 of its monochrome life or 16 shades of NO grey or lovely mode 0 in 160x480 pixels or PCW16 gangnam style...  ;D ;D ;D

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Interesting, so the PCW16 hardware supported colour graphics and different modes...

It is a shame that not much is known about the hardware. It would appear likely that the hardware would have been designed to be shared with a CPC reboot (16MHz Z80, better graphics, etc). Next he'll find sprite support and hardware scrolling :-)

Prodatron

Quote from: Briggsy on 00:17, 24 December 12
Interesting, so the PCW16 hardware supported colour graphics and different modes...
It is a shame that not much is known about the hardware.

Not sure, were I found this RTF, but the PCW16 hardware was quite well documented.
On page 7 you will find the information about the graphic modes (see attachment). Like the CPC it had 2, 4 and 16 colour modes.

CU,
Prodatron

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Interesting! Thanks for the document.

MacDeath

QuoteInteresting, so the PCW16 hardware supported colour graphics and different modes...
It actually supports the whole Amstrad CPC modes... same palette and modes, but with the vertical resolution of a VGA... Would be nice to get a CPC emulator... can it be added an AY soundcard ?
Not really sure concerning the overscan though.