need help with archiving PCW floppies

Started by Siorah, 14:36, 12 April 13

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

Game does run on cpc6128.

Game assumes taller screen, so the border is drawn wrong.

it seems to write some control codes, and these don't work so the display is a bit broken, but it doesn't crash.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

MaV

Thanks, arnoldemu. I was trying to test it on the CPC but fell asleep right before the screen and woke up at 2am to haul myself to bed.

The control codes seem to be the common problem with customised CP/M programs on the CPC and the PCW (and other CP/M computers). I've had the same with Turbo-Pascal, Wordstar and dBase II. A list of corresponding control codes would be helpful.

Does a CPC version of LotR exist?

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

arnoldemu

Quote from: MaV on 13:33, 14 June 13
Thanks, arnoldemu. I was trying to test it on the CPC but fell asleep right before the screen and woke up at 2am to haul myself to bed.

The control codes seem to be the common problem with customised CP/M programs on the CPC and the PCW (and other CP/M computers). I've had the same with Turbo-Pascal, Wordstar and dBase II. A list of corresponding control codes would be helpful.

Does a CPC version of LotR exist?
I think it does but it's not cpm based, so unlikely to help you here I think.

I was hoping to find the info on the control codes but I couldn't find them, perhaps they are possible on the cpc with some com program loaded before.
My games. My Games

Bryce

Gryzor

arnoldemu

John Elliott was very helpful, he provided a link to the +3 CPM Terminal Codes which he says should be a superset of the pcw ones:

Spectrum +3 CP/M Plus manual

I know CPM2.2 provides a limited set of control codes - it's in the disc rom. Don't know about CP/M plus on cpc.
My games. My Games

Cholo

Thanks MaV for the conversion & testing  ;)

The CPC does indeed have a version as well. Hard not to remember buying the big box version the price was like £2 .. + £9 in postage as it includes the book, manual and at least 2 tapes. Cant recall seeing a disc CPC version for sale though. The big tape version is quite common though and is put up quite often on ebay etc.