News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

NC200 failure magically solved

Started by berks, 15:57, 03 September 19

Previous topic - Next topic

berks

I started writing this post about my non-working NC200, but when I turned it on to record the failure (light goes on, nothing on screen, one beep is heard and it turns back off) it just worked! so I guess I'm writing this now to share my happiness with you all :)

SkulleateR

Congratulation to your "repair"  :laugh:

Bryce

Quote from: berks on 15:57, 03 September 19
I started writing this post about my non-working NC200, but when I turned it on to record the failure (light goes on, nothing on screen, one beep is heard and it turns back off) it just worked! so I guess I'm writing this now to share my happiness with you all :)

You'll be back soon. That sounds like the capacitors are starting to fail.

Bryce.

berks

Ouch! Thanks for the heads up Bryce. I guess it's time to learn to solder before it's too late  :-X

Bryce

I wouldn't do anything just yet. If it starts getting less reliable, crashing or not booting, then it's time to get out the iron.

Bryce.

berks

I booted it up today with C batteries that I just received from Amazon and it's still going strong. I previously used a PSU from Simulant (I got one for the NC100 too) and this gives me a bit more mobility.

I couldn't resist to share a piccie of the NC200 with you all. Isn't it the prettiest thing ever?

Bryce

The capacitors function is much less critical when running off batteries. You'll start to see non-booting / crashes much earlier when using a PSU.

Bryce.