News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The PCW Wiki is opening!

Started by robcfg, 15:04, 04 November 13

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

Hello everyone!

As most of you already know, I was working with Habi, creator of the wonderful CP/M Box emulator, on a wiki page dedicated to the Amstrad PCW.

Well, thanks to Litos from amstrad.es who kindly donated some room on his domain to us, I'm pleased to announce that the PCW Wiki is now online!

Anyone willing to help us on our task will need an account. Getting one is as simple as writing us to pcwwiki (at) amstrad (dot) es, and we'll take care of creating an account for you.

We also created a nice tutorial/style guide to help people create articles in a coherent way.

So, that's it! We hope you like it!

Cheers,
Rob

SyX

Gryzor

Oh, nice! All the best!!!

Munchausen

Good news for us PCW owners!

Gryzor

Announced on the wiki front page... let me know if I could help some more :)

MacDeath

Not a lot of pages yet...

Also not a lot of screenshots for games. :(

Can't help, i know nothing about this machine, I prefer colours. :)

Gryzor

Docuwiki is a nice small wiki platform btw :)

robcfg

Yep, there's not too much pages right now, but we are talking to several pcw people to help us fill the missing info.

Actually you'll love the PcW16, it's like a super-CPC, with the usual screen modes but with a 16mhz cpu and a more flexible memory scheme. Pity only a few were built.

@Gryzor:
Yep, not a bad wiki engine, having everything as text files makes mass editing and backup much easier.

I'll be telling you the news on the site here.

I hope we'll be getting more content soon.

Gryzor

Dokuwiki was one of the platforms I considered for CPCWiki, but it can't handle the more complex projects. It's very nice though for smaller projects, especially the administration ease it offers.

Feel free to update the Wiki's home page with any news :)

steve

Just had a look at this and it still needs people to contribute to it.

robcfg

Every wiki needs people to contribute to them ;)

I'm doing a lot of preservation of Dragon programs right now, when there's time I'll go on with PCW again.

Anything PCWWiki related, please feel free to ask.