Visibilty of Other Amstrad Machine Threads

Started by BluesBrothers, 18:51, 28 January 14

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesBrothers

I have only just noticed that these message boards are here tucked away in the Hardware section and wondered if they could be given better visibility on the main "General Category" index as it may get a bit more traffic that way. I for one might have used more if I'd seen it before now.

BB

Munchausen

Yeah, I agree. And what happened to the production run of PCW sound cards, hmm? My PCWs are so lonely and quiet...

Gryzor

Yeah, but we already have 12 subcategories in the main category, you guys are sure you wanna add another one?

BluesBrothers

I only suggested this because up until now I missed it was even here. If I missed it then I'm sure others are over-looking it too. I for one might have used it more over the last 12 months had I known of it's existence.

(I know I'm blind - too much looking at retro Pr0n :D)

Munchausen

I think it's a good idea because I imagine that if someone is looking for PCW information this forum doesn't even show up.

And since there is a PCW/NC100 forum, a main "Other amstrad machines" sub forum from the main one would make more sense location wise (maybe as the last one in the list?), because PCW/NC100 software/hardware/programming/news isn't a sub topic of amstrad CPC hardware after all. (And it's not only PCW/NC100, I have done quite a lot of stuff with my emailer too...)

Although, I understand it is the _CPC_ wiki, so I dunno, it's your call.

But come on, give the PCWs some love! :D

JonB

PCWs definitely need some love. I've got two here, a 256 and a 512 and they are sooo.... errrm... "cuddly".

For a start, let's treat them as CP/M machines, rather than just dedicated word processors. I mean... does anyone here actually use LocoScript?   :D

Gryzor

Oh, I have no issue giving them more prominence despite this being CPCwiki, I think it's still in our scope of interest so if people want it, I'll do it. But I don't think I'd go so far as to make it a category with subfora (hardware/software/etc), just one flat forum...

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:20, 31 January 14
Oh, I have no issue giving them more prominence despite this being CPCwiki, I think it's still in our scope of interest so if people want it, I'll do it. But I don't think I'd go so far as to make it a category with subfora (hardware/software/etc), just one flat forum...

I agree, one flat forum category should be more than adequate ;)

Munchausen

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:20, 31 January 14

Oh yeah, I didn't mean it needs sub forums, just that the current location doesn't seem quite right :)

Gryzor

robcfg

Munchausen

Gryzor