News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

64 NOPs | Tech blog for Amstrad CPC

Started by toms, 17:49, 26 October 20

Previous topic - Next topic

toms

We just put online 64 NOPs, a new tech blog for Amstrad CPC computers aiming at improving your skills to create awesome stuff on your Amstrad. New articles will be regularly added, some of them are already in progress.

norecess464

Nice content, I will take the time to read the article appropriately ;

But my first, immediate reaction is: why not extending the current Memory Full website (http://www.memoryfull.net/) instead of creating a new WordPress blog ?
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

Targhan

Nice and clean presentation. I hope new contents will be added soon. Many people seems to be interested in hardware scrolling...
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

Feel free to add it to any relevant section on the wiki - front page, links page, programming resources, whatever :)

Hicks

Thanks for your words!
Some words about the story of this blog. The idea was born when some people here asked me to write articles about splitting. I didn't start by writing that, but after some discussions with Toms, we had the more general idea to propose a website with articles on all subjects related to the development on CPC (demos, games, software, hardware, etc.).  The articles on the splitting will come later!

@norecess : we wanted to do what you say first, but Memory Full is a site dedicated to the history of the CPC and not to development... Moreover, WordPress allows for flexible layout, contributors can layout their articles themselves, you can work on draft versions, easily insert images, etc. In short, it was less work for us to use WordPress.

@Gryzor : yes, thanks!

@Targhan : there is nothing rigid, but an article should appear every 2 weeks at the beginning. But it will probably depend on external contributors... like you :)

toms

Hwikaa just published the first article of a serie about designing graphics...

Click click click

Targhan

I'm no graphist, but this is already interesting, even to me :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

Damn it ended just as it was beginning to be really interesting!

Great tutorial style, looking forward to the next installment!

Hwikaa

Thanks for the kind words, guys. This was my very first ever article, so I'm happy - and relieved - that you found it interesting. And there's much, much more to come. :)

toms

The blog is still growing... Grim wrote an article about Fast decimal scoring system. This time, it's a bit more game programming oriented ;)

BSC

Great! But why is half of the articles in french?  :P ;)

No, seriously, this is awesome and I might want to write something about my new music engines some day ..
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

toms

Some more reading on 64 NOPs:
- Easy integration of Arkos Tracker 2 player with CPC Telera (by Arnaud)
- Hash algorithms (by Grim)
- A la découverte du mode cache d'iMPdraw (by AsT)

@BSC: you are more than welcome!

Targhan

I don't think there has been a news for this, but @m_dr_m published an article on 64 Nops about instruction timing and the modified flags. Bookmarked!!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

toms

Another one by Madram: Rosetta Sugar. J'apprends à coder AVEC mon CPC. Don't panic yet, the article is in english ;)

toms

Second part of the series initiated by Madram: La Lypémanie Vaut Mieux. Cross-Language inside!

roudoudou

great to see there is an alternative to SDCC, finally!!!
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Targhan

Getting more interesting. @m_dr_m Please pick one language and go for it. English readers would be interested in this article, and one language allows better reading. This is not amslive. You can actually reach an audience here.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

m_dr_m

Quote from: Targhan on 19:49, 22 January 21English readers would be interested in this article,

References needed!

Targhan

Quote from: m_dr_m on 19:53, 22 January 21References needed!
Yourself, my dear :). The first article is in English.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

m_dr_m

I'm not an English reader ! I'm a tea-leaves reader.

I asked for cues that non-french speaking readers would be interested.

BSC

Quote from: m_dr_m on 20:00, 22 January 21
I asked for cues that non-french speaking readers would be interested.

Here! Me!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

toms

Targhan

Very interesting read! I still use the old random number generator ripped by "some guy" from a Spectrum game. Next time I'll use what's explained in the article. Thanks!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Hicks

Checksum Algorithms, a new article by Grim to read on 64 NOPs.
You can now follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/64Nops

The more popular the site will be, the more articles will be added. So retweet all you can!