News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

64 NOPs | Tech blog for Amstrad CPC

Started by toms, 17:49, 26 October 20

Previous topic - Next topic

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead.

Targhan

Please stop this... Go fight on another thread, this is about 64 NOPs. @TotO calm down man... I don't understand you on this one.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead.

TotO

Quote from: Targhan on 17:19, 20 July 21@TotO calm down man... I don't understand you on this one.
Allo Targhan, ya quelqu'un au bout du fil ?

I only read criticism, contempt, and misrepresentation in his posts ... And I'm not the only one.

End of the OFF TOPIC for me. Have fun!
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Targhan

Quote from: TotO on 20:07, 20 July 21Have fun!
It's what I have in mind whenever I come to this forum.

Quote from: Bug Powell on 17:43, 20 July 21Are some articles in english about hardware programming planned on 64 nops? (
I guess, yes. However, the thing is that the creators of 64-Nops are lacking feedback of English-speaking people. I know that people like @BSC showed support, but not a lot of non-French people seems to care or congratulate them, so it's tough for them to push for English articles.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

roudoudou

Quote from: Bug Powell on 17:43, 20 July 21
Are some articles in english about hardware programming planned on 64 nops? (it is a simple question, please do not understand it as an unpolite request)
and thank you targhan for your support, i appreciate it very much.
as i said, Grimm is supposed to translate my french FDC articles
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Animalgril987

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:33, 20 July 21Ahem. Can we stop with the drama now people? It's only Tuesday!
Yeah, people will think this is an Atari forum. :D :D

Animalgril987

@Targhan  I would be happy if there 64 NOPS had articles in English. However, it is of course for the author to use the language they are most comfortable with ( and in any case, my tablet can automatically translate most languages into English). :D

ronaldo

After all the noise in this conversation, I just came to thank @roudoudou for the article and for all the contributions made to the CPC community. Personally, I think you have no reason at all to apologize, but we have reasons to thank you for your work. Please, use whatever language you feel more comfortable with and continue creating, enjoying and contributing :).

Everyday I think I have more reasons to improve my tiny bit of understanding of French :)

BSC

Is the fire already out in this thread? Too bad I am late to the show.. Just kidding, love y'all! (since 1989)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: Bug Powell on 13:27, 18 July 21
Why did roudoudou write his articles in french? does he think that people who are not french can not be interested by fdc programming? the cpc community will never grow up if you keep writing technical articles in a language that most people can not understand.

Google is reasonably good at translating between what we in Denmark call the three main languages
German, French and English it is worse with the small languages like Danish.

You need to go to the page you want to translate, copy the url and put it in google translate,
now you can choose which language you want to translate the whole page to.

eto

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 08:36, 21 July 21Google is reasonably good at translating between what we in Denmark call the three main languages
German, French and English it is worse with the small languages like Danish.

Honestly, I always translate to English and never to German. This works best. If I translate directly to German, there are often translations especially of specific subjects which don't work well. That's logical as the meaning of a word in your mother language is a lot more precisely defined as if you read a foreign language. If this is not 100% correctly translated with the context in mind, it can become hard to understand. I sometimes do simply not know what a sentence means if I read the German translation. But if I translate it to English, probably it's also not perfect, but since it's not my mother language, the meaning of a word is a lot less precise to me, and my brain can start to search for the right interpretation - and then it's much easier to understand what the intent of the author was. Less precision sometimes helps ;-)

m_dr_m

Remember, kids:
"The majority of our communication is conveyed through nonverbal cues: facial expressions, tone of voice, body language. But that communication is lost when we interact with others through our smartphones and devices. The result is an emotion-blind digital universe that impairs the very intelligence and capabilities—including empathy—that distinguish human beings from our machines."

The irony is that unless you are a polyglot, speaking in a foreign language removes even more subtleties. Exhibit A: this forum?

Bug Powell

Bug Powell is dead. :'(

toms

@robbarton translated into english the article orginally written in french by Tom et Jerry in December 2017 titled Music composition software on the CPC. It's a very very interesting article, you really should have a look. Thanks a lot for the hard work Robert!

robbarton

It's a good read - certainly the original was as I had to go through some bits numerous times (oh the joys of a tightly written poetic turn of phrase, that ends up with a clunky translation because the exact words just don't exist in the other language!)

As we say in English, c'est la vie   ;D

Quote from: toms on 17:30, 26 August 21@robbarton translated into english the article orginally written in french by Tom et Jerry in December 2017 titled Music composition software on the CPC. It's a very very interesting article, you really should have a look. Thanks a lot for the hard work Robert!

ComSoft6128

Well written and informative, thanks to everyone involved!

MaV

The history of music composition on the CPC, a nice summary of what happened before and where we stand now.

Thank you, @robbarton !! And thanks to @TomEtJerry for the original article!
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Hicks

eto

Quote from: roudoudou on 20:58, 20 July 21.

I just stumbled across your comment that there is a rumour that the US still uses floppies for their nuclear forces. They indeed did until 2019: https://www.c4isrnet.com/air/2019/10/17/the-us-nuclear-forces-dr-strangelove-era-messaging-system-finally-got-rid-of-its-floppy-disks/

Hicks

Nouvel article de roudoudou, dans un français toujours aussi impeccable : À la découverte du FDC - Épisode 5.