80's Activision UK Promo - 8-Bit Sega Arcade Ports (with Guru Larry commentary)

Started by Cholo, 13:14, 09 October 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Cholo

Ygdrazil

Am sorry to say I think it's the Speccy version  ???

Nice retro commercial though!

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: Cholo on 13:14, 09 October 11
Amstad version of Enduro Racer .. with music and sound fx?

Cholo

MacDeath

BTW the Amstrad version IS also the speccy version... ;D

which is sad actually... :(

TFM

So true, and to use it for advertisment purposes is just poor. That much about activision, they decomposed a color personal computer to a spectrum (Drecksdrum) emulator.

Speccy ports are the nails for a computers coffin.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

That's especcially sad when ZX spectrum was never a big stuff in your country...

Amstrad did quite the same with Amstrad PLUS crocodile rapper and Amiga/ST batman version displayed on the screen.
>:(

Ok British and Spanish fans are ok with tapes and speccy ports... after all many of your friend do have a speccy so you don't want to shoke them with the puire awesomness of the amstrad CPC in full potential (lets say a CPC6128... )

But here in France, the main competitors for our amstrad CPC were Atari ST and Amiga500, ZX speccy was almost unheard about (no one would scream this on the roof...)
"hey I have a speccy, it's an impres... oops sorry my bad, go on with your life and don't notice my unsignificant me... please... I suck at life...." :D

and those speccyports made us Amstraders looks like retard computer users... (probably the same in Deutschland I suppose).

BTW.

Enduro Ricer (pun!) could have been good if a bit more like Wec LeMans.
WecLeMan actually make a full use of Mode1 and get properly masked multicolour sprites.

WonderBoy was a mess of a port on CPC.
The 4+3 (+raster mode1 HUD) colours on screen in mode0 was really terribad.

I suppose the game could even be faster and smoother without the raster/mode change for the HUD... but hey, they actually took no graphician jobber for the CPC version.
(perhaps only for the intro page, well not even sure... it was also a straight C64port with messy palette on CPC)

from the games with this "reduced colours" trick on CPC, only GhostNgoblins managed to be semi-decent, yet more thx to its awesome music and the fast smoothness of animation.

Still quite unplayable as way too difficult btw.

GhoulsNghost was not that bad gameplaywise (closer to original arcade) and get the vertical full screen of death Y=256 (me... like... a lot...).
But sadly Graphics weren't as "good" (were even worse actually) as Ghost and goblins and the music is not playable ingame (yet the few one are really impressive for a CPC IMO).