News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Alcon 2020 released

Started by abalore, 10:44, 20 December 20

Previous topic - Next topic

zeropolis79

reidrac

I gave it a go and it is very good, well done!

(and hard! :D)

Thank you for the game.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

DanyPPC

Many thanks for this great Xmas release !!!!
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: TotO on 12:06, 20 December 20
Currently, RVM do not support the X-MEM with SST ROM chip, so the installer fail.
We have mentioned this to the RVM programmer and he has released a DSK with a patch that works.
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

abalore

The X-MEM installer disk is now compatible with RVM (Retro Virtual Machine) emulator thanks to a patch provided by @jcgamestoy . The disk has been updated in the game site.

Carnivius

Quote from: abalore on 20:34, 20 December 20
The X-MEM installer disk is now compatible with RVM (Retro Virtual Machine) emulator thanks to a patch provided by @jcgamestoy . The disk has been updated in the game site.
can confirm. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Mr. DVG

Quote from: Duke on 15:46, 20 December 20
You can edit the file /m4/romconfig.bin with a HEX editor (on PC maybe) and change the first byte from 0x20 (32) to 0x10 (16), that should do it.
I tried to load the file with a hex editor, but I have never used this type of program.

What would be the register to modify? ???

WiltshireWizard

zzz

Joseman

Hi
Good to know that the game is out!!
Toto showed me how thinks were going on Madrid some years ago. i was impressed!

One question, how can i play it on a cpc6128 classic (not plus) wit M4?
Regards
PS. It just worked now reuploading the CPR!

abalore

Quote from: Joseman on 23:22, 20 December 20
Hi
Good to know that the game is out!!
Toto showed me how thinks were going on Madrid some years ago. i was impressed!

One question, how can i play it on a cpc6128 classic (not plus) wit M4?
Regards
Hello, in a normal CPC you can still run the cartridge in the M4, the procedure is fully discussed in the first page of this topic.

GUNHED

Good thing to have the PlayCity now.  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

pelrun

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 22:38, 20 December 20
I tried to load the file with a hex editor, but I have never used this type of program.

Load /m4/romconfig.bin into the hex editor as instructed, not the game file!

Mr. DVG

Quote from: pelrun on 02:20, 21 December 20

Load /m4/romconfig.bin into the hex editor as instructed, not the game file!
Yes, in the end I understood it! :D   

But even after changing the registry in that file, the situation unfortunately does not change.

I restored the modified romconfig.bin file inside the SD card and when I restart the M4 it freezes and does not even boot anymore (luckily I had made a backup copy).

At this point I will wait for the physical edition of the game to try it on the original machine!

Thanks everyone for the technical support!

P.S. - But is there anyone who produces the PlayCity card? Do you know where you can buy it?

DanyPPC

I played it on my CPC6128+ with C4CPC and the game is amazing, it's very hard but a lot addictive.

The graphics looked better on CPC +, does this game take advantage of the palette in this series?
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

XeNoMoRPH

How to load game with X-MEM and RVM

https://youtu.be/A4Xq3oscY0Q
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

TotO

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 08:21, 21 December 20
How to load game with X-MEM and RVM
This is a strange process...  :-\
Just add the X-MEM expansion to RVM2, download the ALCON X-MEM installer DSK and RUN"INSTALL"
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

dragon

So it save in c4cpc? . How you made that?. So good :D.

abalore

Quote from: DanyPPC on 07:59, 21 December 20
I played it on my CPC6128+ with C4CPC and the game is amazing, it's very hard but a lot addictive.
The graphics looked better on CPC +, does this game take advantage of the palette in this series?
No, it's the standard CPC palette.
Quote from: dragon on 12:20, 21 December 20So it save in c4cpc? . How you made that?. So good :D .
If you mean saving high scores and configuration, it only happens in the physical edition in custom cartridge.

Gryzor

Daaamn why did I only see this on Monday?

I'll just watch the awesome videos again :D

Shaun M. Neary

This looks awesome!
I'll be throwing the CPR of it into my GX4000 later and giving it a good run and will write a few words about it as well :)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

genesis8

Well for the moment I am not good at the game but I only played with keyboard and emulator.
I will try it with my CPC+.
Anyway I just saw on your page before the credit the phrase about a physical edition with playcity integrated. It's nice, count me in !
Compatible I suppose with all playcity aware programs ?

Shaun M. Neary

@Nich was cool enough to give me a platform to write a few words about Alcon 2020.

You can find my brief review here: http://www.cpcgamereviews.com/a/index4.html#alcon_2020
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

fgbrain

Awesome game!!! 
(but too hard for me must say)

Thanx for the great xmas present mate...
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

abalore

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 21:30, 22 December 20
@Nich was cool enough to give me a platform to write a few words about Alcon 2020.

You can find my brief review here: http://www.cpcgamereviews.com/a/index4.html#alcon_2020
Thank you! But you put a video of Corsair!  :D 
Edit: Fixed now!

asertus

Quote from: fgbrain on 22:19, 22 December 20
Awesome game!!! 
(but too hard for me must say)

Thanx for the great xmas present mate...

You can choose the "easy" mode...  :laugh: