News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Alcon 2020 released

Started by abalore, 10:44, 20 December 20

Previous topic - Next topic

abalore

https://abalore.com/alcon2020.html

Alcon 2020 is a game for the Amstrad / Schneider CPC464, CPC664, CPC6128, Amstrad 464 Plus, 6128 Plus and GX4000 devices. It runs in all models since it requires only 64k of RAM. The PlayCity extension is not required but recommended to hear the full 6 in-game audio channels. A 2-button gamepad or joystick (best) is also a nice addition to enjoy the full arcade experience.

MissionComplete

It looks very impresive. Congratulations, Abalore!!!

XeNoMoRPH

Nice Cover !!!  :o :o :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Carnivius

Can someone explain how to run this in RetroVirtualMachine again please?  I selected XMEM and loaded the install disc and it did some stuffs and loads of random pixels appeared on screen for a while as it loaded then it said Ready and then I dunno what to do.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

Quote from: Carnivius on 11:56, 20 December 20
Can someone explain how to run this in RetroVirtualMachine again please?  I selected XMEM and loaded the install disc and it did some stuffs and loads of random pixels appeared on screen for a while as it loaded then it said Ready and then I dunno what to do.
Currently, RVM do not support the X-MEM with SST ROM chip, so the installer fail.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Carnivius

Quote from: TotO on 12:06, 20 December 20
Currently, RVM do not support the X-MEM with SST ROM chip, so the installer fail.
oh damn. and it can't load cpr files yet either?
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Carnivius on 11:56, 20 December 20
Try this emulator best: http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/cpcec.htm ( supports playcity too )
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

TotO

@Carnivius CPCEC or WinAPE in example.

On CPCEC, I recommend to use the bright palette and the X-masking for a better visual.

Carnivius

Quote from: TotO on 12:13, 20 December 20
@Carnivius CPCEC or WinAPE in example.

On CPCEC, I recommend to use the bright palette and the X-masking for a better visual.

Nuts. The two emulators that don't work on my PC for some reason (and when WinApe DID run years ago, it wouldn't let me use the d-pad on my controller, had to use analog stick which is crappy and for some reason I had graphic issues with it too). WinApe just sits in the process manager but never actually shows up opening a window to be usable.

And CPCEC opens a window but immediately is unresponsive.  I've tried the most recent version and ten or so of the previous versions too. :/ 

I've run out of time now anyways so I'll try sort stuff out later when I'm back home. Enjoy the game. :)

abalore

I added a new downloadable file to the web. It's a binary dump of the cartridge for better compatibility with M4. Load it in M4 as cartridge as usual. Remember to have the "Use only 16 slots" option checked and the "Rom number" in other than 1.

Edit: Also patched the CPR to be more compatible with M4

Carnivius

ok cool i updated drivers and CPCEC seems to work now. :)
Like Winape it seems to want me to use analog stick when I wanna use the d-pad.  I will email CNGSoft about that. :)
But yeah the game is great! Plays really well and looks/sounds nice too. :)

Mr. DVG

Can some good man kindly repeat the installation procedure of a .cpr file on m4? And will this installation conflict with other already installed .cpr files?

P.S. - I also tried the .bin file on m4, but when I start it it says "DIRECT COMMAND FOUND" and it doesn't proceed!

The other thing I don't remember is if the files must be placed in the root of the sd card or can I also copy them into a folder?

Thanks to the availability! :-*

abalore

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 13:53, 20 December 20
Can some good man kindly repeat the installation procedure of a .cpr file on m4? And will this installation conflict with other already installed .cpr files?

P.S. - I also tried the .bin file on m4, but when I start it it says "DIRECT COMMAND FOUND" and it doesn't proceed!

The other thing I don't remember is if the files must be placed in the root of the sd card or can I also copy them into a folder?

Thanks to the availability! :-*

Let's go step by step.

1. Running a CPR in the M4 doesn't replace anything, because it's stored temporary while you run the game only, then the original contents of the M4 are restored.
2. You can run a CPR in the M4 with or without copying it to the SD
3. Without copying to the SD you need to do it using the web interface.
4. Copying to the SD you need to run a couple of commands: |CTRUP,"name_of_the_file" and then |CTR

Mr. DVG

Quote from: abalore on 14:07, 20 December 20
Let's go step by step.

1. Running a CPR in the M4 doesn't replace anything, because it's stored temporary while you run the game only, then the original contents of the M4 are restored.
2. You can run a CPR in the M4 with or without copying it to the SD
3. Without copying to the SD you need to do it using the web interface.
4. Copying to the SD you need to run a couple of commands: |CTRUP,"name_of_the_file" and then |CTR
Yes, I had already performed this procedure correctly, but unfortunately it does not work, it gives me a blue screen and does not proceed... ::)
I tried installing other .cpr files for testing and they work fine!

abalore

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 14:21, 20 December 20
Yes, I had already performed this procedure correctly, but unfortunately it does not work, it gives me a blue screen and does not proceed... ::)
I tried installing other .cpr files for testing and they work fine!
Did you try the .bin file in the website?

Mr. DVG

Quote from: abalore on 14:22, 20 December 20
Did you try the .bin file in the website?
Yes, I downloaded the files from here: https://abalore.com/alcon2020.html

abalore

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 14:30, 20 December 20
Yes, I downloaded the files from here: https://abalore.com/alcon2020.html
Did you follow my instructions on a previous post of checking the "Use only 16 slots" option?

Mr. DVG

Quote from: abalore on 14:31, 20 December 20
Did you follow my instructions on a previous post of checking the "Use only 16 slots" option?
I'd gladly do that, but the .bin file as I start it gives me the message: "DIRECT COMMAND FOUND".

So it doesn't actually start at all!

abalore

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 14:44, 20 December 20
I'd gladly do that, but the .bin file as I start it gives me the message: "DIRECT COMMAND FOUND".

How do you start the bin file? what command?

Duke

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 14:44, 20 December 20

You need to tick that option in the web config. This is to enable 512KB CPR files.
See the picture below (red circle).

As for the .BIN you need to upload it like it was a .CPR files, so |CTRUP,"alcon2020.v1.0.bin"

@abalore: Thanks for a fantastic game.

Mr. DVG

First of all thank you all for the answers!

To Abalore I reply that I was loading the .bin file with the RUN command ", which is why it didn't work.

Is it possible to activate the 512kb .cpr files only from the web interface?

I don't use it (and I don't even know how to use it ??? ) as I don't have a real internet line at home ... I do everything in tethering with the cell. ::)

Duke

Quote from: Mr. DVG on 15:17, 20 December 20
Is it possible to activate the 512kb .cpr files only from the web interface?
You can edit the file /m4/romconfig.bin with a HEX editor (on PC maybe) and change the first byte from 0x20 (32) to 0x10 (16), that should do it.

zeropolis79

Very good stuff.. I've played a little of this and think it's great.

When will teh physical version avaliable to buy - thanks.

abalore

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 16:22, 20 December 20
Very good stuff.. I've played a little of this and think it's great.
When will teh physical version avaliable to buy - thanks.
There is no date, but I think shortly after xmas.