Author Topic: Announcing Sonic GX - a new episode of Sonic the Hedgehog for Amstrad GX-4000  (Read 21778 times)

Offline norecess

• CPC6128
    • Awards
Makes me wish I had a Plus/GX  :(
Bad timing ? I saw prices have skyrocketed on eBay....
« Last Edit: 17:01, 30 July 21 by norecess »
No reactions

Offline Animalgril987

• Supporter
  • CPC6128
    • Awards
That and the fact that I only have space for one retro machine, and there's a 464 in that space!
No reactions

Offline norecess

• CPC6128
    • Awards
That and the fact that I only have space for one retro machine, and there's a 464 in that space!

Go get a 464 PLUS then! ;-) Kidding  ;)
No reactions

Offline Animalgril987

• Supporter
  • CPC6128
    • Awards
What?? After the hours I put in fixing the tape deck and giving the CPC a damn good cleaning?

Besides, a 464 was my first computer, back in the eighties. :D :D
No reactions

Offline BSC

• 464 Plus
  • CPC 464 aspirant
    • my (Android) mobile game
    • Awards
Warning! Slight topic distraction ahead: I do own a GX4000 which I bought in London back in 1993. What additional hardware would I need to run e.g. Sonic GX or Soundtracker DMA? I am thinking of a keyboad mainly, but afaik there's no such thing as an external keyboard for the GX. This might have been asked in the forums before, so if that's true: linky please :)

Offline villain

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
    • Awards
Warning! Slight topic distraction ahead: I do own a GX4000 which I bought in London back in 1993. What additional hardware would I need to run e.g. Sonic GX or Soundtracker DMA? I am thinking of a keyboad mainly, but afaik there's no such thing as an external keyboard for the GX. This might have been asked in the forums before, so if that's true: linky please :)

Make another journey to an european capital (no Six-Pack this time), visit Paris and buy a Plus somewhere in France.  ;D

If all this COVID-Kacke is over one day I will make a trip to Grand Est and hope to find something suitable on leboncoin.fr…
« Last Edit: 21:19, 02 August 21 by villain »
No reactions

Offline norecess

• CPC6128
    • Awards
Actually, that's a good question ! Sonic GX requires 64Kb of RAM so it will run on an unmodified GX-4000. But, you need to buy a C4CPC to be able to launch cartridge .CPR files (unfortunately, we don't plan to distribute original cartridges that you can directly plug into the console). You can PM @gerald for more information about the C4CPC, it's a powerful device for a decent price.

Regarding the Soundtracker DMA from @Zik , it requires an Amstrad Plus. I don't recommend you to try extending an existing Amstrad GX-4000 into a "computer", as you would kill a working GX-4000 for such a project, and the result would be a bunch of wire + visible hardware... So instead, my recommendation would be to try buying the real thing, I mean the Amstrad Plus - good luck to find one at cheap price  :-X
« Last Edit: 14:38, 03 August 21 by norecess »
No reactions