News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Anyone going to Revival?

Started by BluesBrothers, 09:17, 09 July 14

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesBrothers

Quote from: TMR on 17:43, 10 July 14
i'm going to be there again with around four machines... no CPC again, we've got a lot of other kit to get into the car!

I'll make sure there is one set up on my stall for people to play on ;)

Gryzor

Too far to the north - and quite a bit to the west...

BluesBrothers

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:18, 10 July 14
Too far to the north - and quite a bit to the west...

I'll give you that one :laugh:

Nich

Quote from: BluesBrothers on 23:18, 09 July 14
No seriously it'd be good to see someone there,..... anyone.......? :(
I'll be there again this year. I preferred last year's event over the Play Expo event in Manchester.

I have to fly from and to Northern Ireland to attend this event, and I also have to stay in a hotel, so all of you living in GB have no excuses about the expense of getting there. :P

CraigsBar

Quote from: Nich on 20:49, 10 July 14
I'll be there again this year. I preferred last year's event over the Play Expo event in Manchester.

I have to fly from and to Northern Ireland to attend this event, and I also have to stay in a hotel, so all of you living in GB have no excuses about the expense of getting there. :P

I'd be going from Galway myself, if I did not already have an unmovable party/holiday for the week before.

If anyone fancies a trip to Galway for the first weekend in August we will be having an Open House and BBQ on the Saturday and it tends to take me the rest of the week to recover! ;)

Craig
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dthrone

I went to last year's.  It was great for the various talks (Philip Oliver, Ocean staff etc.) but I can't find any information on who will be there this year.  If they announce a schedule and it is of interest, then I'm there!
Other than that I can play retro games and drink beer at home just as easily (without having to join queues  ;) )

BluesBrothers

The line up is gonna be good I can promise you that. Not sure why Chris hasn't announced yet though so I won't spoil the surprise

dthrone

No please, spoil it!
What's going on at your stand? (sales, demoing hardware etc.)

BluesBrothers

Sales both software and hardware, prototype upgrades we are developing on show, hotrodded machines, and a number of computers and consoles set up for playing on,... at least that is the plan. I'll drop some teasers of what machines might be available as I'm 100% confident they'll be ready.

As for the line up - if Chris hasn't let the cat outta the bag then it'd better stay there for now.

beaker

Somehow, sadly, I feel it may fall short of my fantasy of Jade Raymond poll dancing while I have an unlimited amount of weed to smoke  :laugh: What with it being a family event and all.

BluesBrothers

Gotta admit that would top it for me too and possibly a bit of Q&A in a jacuzi. I'm sure she'd get a good stiff interogation

However if you look at the website it has been announced the John Romero will be there (if you're a Doom/Quake fan then you'll enjoy this for sure) and also the Newsfield bunch responsible for Crash, Zzap & Amtix

Anyhow take a look here;

Revival Retro Events

dthrone

John Romero will be interesting, especially if he announces that he is personally directing the long awaited CPC port of Doom  ;D
Surely everything is confirmed by now, I hope the schedule is published soon.