News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Octoate's News - Amstrad Plus / Amstrad GX4000 flash cartridge

Started by NewsBot, 01:01, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Amstrad Plus / Amstrad GX4000 flash cartridge
1 November 2014, 1:00 am

After years of inactivity I decided to release two old project, which I started to work on in 2010, publicly on my GitHub account. I have not produced any prototypes yet, so they are currently more a draft. Both projects use a flash EPROM to store the data in the cartridge. The first one is a simple Amstrad Plus / Amstrad GX4000 cartridge, which can be equipped with an original ACID protection chip or with a Xilinx XC9536 CPLD for ACID emulation (you can read more about the emulation here).

SimpleCartridge

The second project is the design of a flash cartridge, which can be programmed on a PC via USB and used in a Amstrad Plus / Amstrad GX4000. You can read more about the design in the README.md.

flash-cartridge

Maybe someone with more time is interested to take over the projects, otherwise I will work on them every now and then…

© Octoate for The Amstrad CPC news portal, 2014. | Permalink | No comment | Add to del.icio.us  Post tags: 2014, amstrad plus, cartridge, flash, gx4000, octoate, plus, usb

CPC-Topsites  Related posts:
flattr this!

Source: The Amstrad CPC news portal

---
This news item first appeared on Octoate's Blog and was aggregated through RSS for the forum.
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.